Omnimaga celebrate its 6 years anniversary!

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

DJ_O
Calc King

Omnimaga celebrate its 6 years anniversary!

Post by DJ_O »

That's right! 6 years of calc, PC games and music (altough music started in middle 2002). Omnimaga is now celebrating its 6th year anniversary! 6 years ago exactly, on September 1st 2001, Omnimaga was created, while the first programming team game, known as Labyrinthe Des Illusions, got remade in a sequel with graphical battles, then renamed to Illusiat with an intro sequence. Since then, several dozens of calculators programs were released from Omnimaga, improving and improving. Many were lost then recreated from scratch, many vanished for eternity, but most are here now. We stayed in the shadows for two and half a year, to finally make it online, offering you all the programs made by the original programming team, such as Illusiat, Mana Force and the Reign of Legends series, Omnimaga pack games, Mystique, then the programs made by me when I was part of the now defunct Epic Programming Studios: xLIB xLIB Revolution and Reuben Quest series, to finally gather many programmers together and offer you Metroid series for calculators and many other games.

To commemorate all the days of the two programming teams, here is what we got on the site:

-OBVIOUSLY, Halifax's Tribute To Omnimaga video, announced and posted to public yesterday in a previous news article. The video can be watched here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3ylP5lbeWL4 . Thanks to Digitan for inspiring us with his TI community wide version of calculator tribute video. :)

-A new website banner for the next week, showing how the old Omnimaga logo looked like, altough the stand-alone logo looked slightly different than in the tri-elemental logo I use as my forum avatar (the "N" mostly). If people like it enough we may edit it and keep it or put it back when Zetaboards is released!

-As you could see, many new things, such as the revival of the Calculator RPG and programming tools section, RPG news, a new form of contests, and a new staff member. Be sure to check them all out!

-There may be a lot of other things coming soon. Stay tuned!

Here is the chronology of the whole Omnimaga life:
-September 1st 2001: Omnimaga programming team starts up.
-September 22, 2001: First Omnimaga program released. Labyrinth of Illusions 2 released. A week after, its name changed to Illusiat.
-March 3rd 2004, Omnimaga team gets a forum (still avaliable from webarchive: http://web.archive.org/web/20040627225157/...forum.php?s=462 ). At this time, only myself is active in the team though and a RPG site is under preparation.
-April 9, 2004: Omnimaga open it's second division, a website about calculator RPGs (still avaliable here). Version 1.0 of this website (still avaliable here.)
-August 2004: Omnimaga programming disbands due to lack of staff, leaving Omnimaga only as a calculator RPG website, and the forum, that is gonna be replaced with Epic Programming Studio (Now defunct) forums.
-September 20, 2004: Version 1.1 of this website (still avaliable here.)
-February 1, 2005: After one and half a month of downtime due to hosting problems, Omnimaga website come back under version 1.2 (still avaliable here.)
-May 12, 2005: Version 2.0 of this website (there is few remaining of this version, besides the old topic archive above the news forum and this page cached from google.)
-December 5, 2005: After slowly growing with new staff, a second programming team is formed under the Omnimaga banner, but this time, online, so the website portion of Omnimaga becomes hybrid (not only RPG only anymore)
-April 10, 2006: Version 3.0 of this website
-January 2007: Omnimaga opens his music section

For those who are wondering which games and projects in the video it is here is the list (in order of appearance. some make their apparition twice or three times in the video):
* Combat ball
* Illusiat
* Metroid II Evolution
* Omnimaga the RPG
* Mystique
* Ultima V
* Nuke the Whales
* Tetris by Jon
* Xlib Xlib revolution
* Metroid II Evolution
* more MIIE
* Reflex Revolution
* Illusiat 6
* Galactic 68K
* Age of Culture 2
* Pokemon Purple
* MazeSnow
* MF2B
* Reuben Quest: Ev Awakening
* Reign of Legends 3
* more MIIE
* Project Omega: Race Ngine

There is MANY MANY more games avaliable for download, and a whole load of projects in the works atm, that are avaliable in the respective areas of the site.

1000 thanks to tifreak8x, tenniskid493, Rivereye, Alex, Ranman, bfr, Halifax, Jon, Liazon, lolje, Necro, Netham45, Radical_Pi, Sonata, Spellshaper, Super_Speler, tama, Nitacku, Solitaire710, kalan_vod, gimpynerd, Dragon__Lance, Jc, Krid, the_unknown_one, Zeromus, elfprince13, BCturk, JincS, Insanity, Danny Cloutier and Steve Ouellet, who contributed or are still contributing to Omnimaga as staff members.

Also many thanks to tr1p1ea and Darth_Android for supporting me a lot in the community. They are people who didn't contributed directly to Omnimaga and aren't active on the forums, but managed to keep myself and (thus,) the site alive for that long.

And finally, thanks to all others who supported us! :)
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Yay, happy bday Omnimaga! Unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce! *dances* :D.

Loads of games and some awesome programmers over the years, so congrats and keep them coming! :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Delnar_Ersike
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Delnar_Ersike »

Happy B-Day, Omnimaga! I think I played 33% of the games listed, though it would have been 66% if I had a 68k calc...