The Most Popular Forum

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

I guess that comes from the "chit-chat"-style of UTI and the more calc-based-style of MaxCoderz :) Could be wrong though....
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

I'd be interested in getting a words-per-post count from UTI - I bet it's VASTLY lower than here.
Image Image Image
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Essentially most forums are the same. There are lots of people who frequent most of them. I dont think it really matters who has the most posts, posts-per-day, members etc etc, as long as there is an active presence in the community, we will be safe.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

kerm_martian wrote:I'd be interested in getting a words-per-post count from UTI - I bet it's VASTLY lower than here.
You haven't seen netWiz' (Jbirk) posts have you? His posts have paragraphs, chapters. I heard someone tried to read one of them whole, he's still busy doing it. It takes an hour just pressing page down to get to the bottom. etc etc.

But seriously, yes, his posts are long.

Talking about activity.. am i the only one who has noticed a decline over the past few years? Back in the days, 150 posts per day (both here and UTI) was normal, now it barely seems to reach 70.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Yeah the community is stagnating, but it seems to be picking up again. I think people are having trouble finishing projects :X.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

tr1p1ea wrote:Yeah the community is stagnating, but it seems to be picking up again. I think people are having trouble finishing projects :X.
Motivation is what I am low on, that and starting a new job. But I remember the days of posting 30-70 posts a day here and 100 on omnimaga....
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

tr1p1ea wrote:Yeah the community is stagnating, but it seems to be picking up again. I think people are having trouble finishing projects :X.
That’s not a new problem.
Delnar_Ersike
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Delnar_Ersike »

Well, consider this: The 83+ came out in 1999, while the 83+SE came out in 2001. In 1999, there were no games at all for the 83+, yet the *new* flash memory was too tempting for many programmers. They soon started many projects for the 83+ to occupy them in those boring hours. Now that the "new calculator" craze has died down, most people are satisfied with the programs that are already out. However, the huge surge is going to happen again, IMO, when (or if) the TI-NSpire CAS comes out with the new touchscreen and all.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

If the NSpire comes out, it wont be targetted at middle-school like the 83+ was. CoBB is right, finishing projects is not a new problem, but there was definately a draught for a few years when compared to say 5 years ago.
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

Touchscreen? Where's your source on this supposed touchscreen? This is the first I've heard of it.
ImageImage
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Andy_J wrote:Touchscreen? Where's your source on this supposed touchscreen? This is the first I've heard of it.
I do remember the mention of touchscreen sometime ago. I believe the patent issue made note of a Touchscreen but the site suggests they drop that option.
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

www.ti-nspire.com

It shows a bunch of stuff to do with the touch screen.