Smash Bros Brawl

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Halo wasnt as awesome as its made out to be. specially since it had so much potential. Even i thought it was awesome ... that is until i played it.

Sonic & Knuckles would be a cool addition to Smash Bros. :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

anykey wrote:
threefingeredguy wrote:
anykey wrote:where's master chief damnit?!
if they add snake, they better add master chief!
Master Chief is the icon of pure noobs. Halo was a bland, repetitive shooter made worse by the fact that 12 year olds think it's godly.
oh come on! you can't deny how much fun it is!
seriously! halo is a great shooter...
I can and will. Halo isn't a bad game, but it has nothing great about it except the fanbase.
thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

Halo was a great game... (remember, everything gets old after a while...) Halo 2... I just didn't like it as much... I just hope they stop at number three.
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

Where did the counter go?

They revealed some details about the new "final smash" item. Interesting twist to the gameplay. :yes:
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

The counter has run out and the website has been relaunched with some game related information. It will apparently be updated every week with new stuff! :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Halo is only great because people make it so, just like Chuck Norris. He isn't great, but the IDEA of him is great to a lot of people, and the idea spreads. Just like Halo. I don't like overrated things. :x

But enough ranting. I want, and a lot of people want, Brawl to come out. I'm not really interested in any info for it except what characters there's going to be. New items and levels are neat, new gameplay modes are also neat, but I'm really interested in the character lineup. And I expect at least 20 characters to be on the Wii; I'll accept nothing less. :roll:

Anyhow, to great anticipations! :shock:
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
anykey
Extreme Poster

Post by anykey »

Will the controls take advantage of the awesomeness of the wiimote?
Seeing how crazy it gets when my friends and I play with normal controllers, somebody's going to lose an eye when we find ourselves swinging our arms to control the characters!
Awesome!
I think, therefore iMac
Super Speler

Post by Super Speler »

They don't use the remote.
anykey
Extreme Poster

Post by anykey »

What?!
Why not?!
Thanks for crushing my dreams you dream-crushing jerkface.
I'm going to go cry now.
I think, therefore iMac
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

It's all fun and games till some Wii controller puts an eye out! :pirate:

If Sonic & Knuckles are included. I might buy a Wii just for this game! The suspense is killing me!
Projects:

Super Speler

Post by Super Speler »

I got a job for the summer just to buy a wii to buy this game!
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

I'm having a hard time getting a Wii for myself. Everywhere I go is sold out, and online doesn't seem trustworthy (I don't want to give them my money just to wait 3-5 months). I work at Target (a large retail store) and they sell out every time before I'm able to get my hands on one. I would like to "find one" in the back room, but it's not worth getting fired over. I'm amazed how little is being released about this game. At least at Target they have a short preview, but it doesn't tell very much about the game play. I certainly hope the characters in Brawl are a little better than Melee, as some were pretty stupid. The N64 version of SSB did an excellent job of making the characters have specialties while remaining overall even, no matter who you chose, it was still completely possible for you to win and have fun.

(Nintendo better not make make the Wii a recurrence of the GameCube's style game play).
Image Image Image Homestar just earned .75 maxcoins for this post.
thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

Wow, there was very very very very little info on that site, a lot of work seems to have gone into how to hype the game by not providing info... I've gotten more out of previews from the E3 showings then that!

However, does look very intriguing... I just hope they don't have too many levels or characters. I don't want more characters (which half of them do the same things as the other half, just different style) I want BETTER characters!

regardless though, I'd get it just because SSB is an amazing game, and if it's bad, it'll just make me respect the original that much more.
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

New shooting weapon announced today: the Cracker Cannon! You can knock opponents out of your airspace with fireworks! Sort of like 4th of July but without the barbecue and booze. :excited:

My only gripe about melee is the item spawning. They had ways of ruining aerial attacks and randomly spawning on on your location. I think the camera moved around waaay too much compared to the original also. I know it was all in the spirit of making things fast-paced, but all that bobbing and weaving makes things hard to see at times.
Projects:

Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

tr1p1ea wrote:The counter has run out and the website has been relaunched with some game related information. It will apparently be updated every week with new stuff! :).
Actually, every weekday.
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...