z80 Heaven

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

silver calc

z80 Heaven

Post by silver calc »

It's a new project I'm taking on. I'm creating a site for the culmination of information on assembly programming. Here's a link to the site:
Link.

Please provide feedback and contribute. I hope that this site will become fully functional sometime, but I don't have a lot of spare time to work on it.

Note that this is NOT a replacement for WikiTI or Learn Assembly in 28 days. I'm merely expanding on them and filling in the gaps that are left.
Please "encourage" me to work more on Image any way you deem necessary
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

No offense, but if you find gaps in WikiTI, you should fill them in.

Edit: What the f***? These lessons are practically copied and pasted from ASM in 28 Days.
silver calc

Post by silver calc »

I took my inspiration from Sigma's 28 days. I did give him credit, and I do hope to expand on his work. However, right now I am pressed for time so I did the best I could in the limited time I had. I did not copy them outright, but did split them up into the appropriate categories similar to his.

I feel that there must be a better way to give Sigma credit for his inspiration, but I'm not sure exactly how to do it. Currently I gave him credit in the "Special Thanks" section at the bottom of the Welcome page.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Most of what you have in the tutorials are lightly reworded copies of Sigma's stuff. Some sections, like the one on registers for example, are the same word-for-word.
silver calc

Post by silver calc »

I know, and I really do plan to change it. The only problem is that I have limited time to work on this project. I've already changed the first 2.

However, this site is not just for learning assembly tutorials. I'm also planning on including useful routines, a section on program design, and various other tid-bits.
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

I would get cracking on the revisions fast. Not to heckle, but this level of imitation would easily pass as plagiarism...pretty much anywhere.
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
silver calc

Post by silver calc »

I've made some major changes to remove some similarities. I've also provided links to the original source of the information. Does this please you somewhat?
crzyrbl
Calc Wizard

Post by crzyrbl »

DigiTan wrote:I would get cracking on the revisions fast. Not to heckle, but this level of imitation would easily pass as plagiarism...pretty much anywhere.
welcome to the internet
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

silver calc

Post by silver calc »

Okay, it's been a while. z80-heaven has seen some major revisions and changes. Hope you'll check it out again now that I've added new stuff and changed some other stuff.
crzyrbl
Calc Wizard

Post by crzyrbl »

cool, I think I'm going to finally learn asm over the summer, so it should come in handy :D
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

NanoWar
Extreme Poster

Post by NanoWar »

Uhm.. your site is good, but nobody accepts my membership and today all I get is an error:
file ��BBBB�����.php does not exist
Warning: Unexpected character in input: ' in /var/www/www.wikidot.com/ozone/ozone/php/core/au ... nc.php(97) : eval()'d code on line 1
Warning: Unexpected character in input: ' in /var/www/www.wikidot.com/ozone/ozone/php/core/au ... nc.php(97) : eval()'d code on line 1
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting '{' in /var/www/www.wikidot.com/ozone/ozone/php/core/au ... nc.php(97) : eval()'d code on line 1
Fatal error: Class '' not found in /var/www/www.wikidot.com/ozone/ozone/php/core/OzoneLogger.php on line 38
Revolution Software
silver calc

Post by silver calc »

Oops, sorry that was my fault. I forget to check the notifications from time to time. As for all that other stuff, I don't know what that is.

You're application has been accepted

question: what do you know about the LCD driver?
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

silver calc

Post by silver calc »

Nevermind, I got my answer. just need to remember to write row before column, row before column...
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

Hey silver calc, are you sure you should tell people about the most horrible way to multiply? They might make a habit of it you know..

*points at 'control structures'*

no offense intended, but teaching people who want to learn asm how not to do it, doesn't sound entirely useful.