The General "Funny Movie, Picture or Website" topi

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

Homestar wrote:I just find videos I think are cool and post them for the forum's enjoyment. The description says nothing except that it was a firework accident caught on tape, and from what the video shows, that much is true.
Oh yes, I'm sory, of course massive fireworks accidents are cool and enjoyable.
Therefore to my knowledge at the time all I posted was a massive firework display and scattered explosions that stood out from most other videos I've seen.

I do think your jumping to conclusions is a little uncalled for. If you really disagree with something I post just say so; name calling does nothing whatsoever for either party.
Yeah, nothing but a massive firework display of a factory full of fireworks blowing up in what is clearly a residential area. And you clearly couldn't have known anything from the comments being filled with explanations of what happened.

What really shows your stance is thinking that weighing your own reasoning for posting it higher than giving a shit.

Admit you're an idiot and move on, don't be even more of an ass by trying to discuss your way out of that.
relativations
Your relativations disregard the existence of relatives.
Super Speler

Post by Super Speler »

Hops, don't be so cruel. He would never have posted the video in such a manner if he had known exactly what it was. He didn't see it as a funny "yayz, peoplez gettingz hurtz" video so much as a "look, a big explosion, looks like something out of a movie" video. I don't see him as having done anything wrong, especially considering his reaction to finding out what the video was.
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

Hops, don't be so cruel.
It's quite obvious he wants to be just as cruel by starting to debate his motives just for the sake of defending them.
Super Speler wrote:He would never have posted the video in such a manner if he had known exactly what it was.
Hence the reality check.
considering his reaction to finding out what the video was.
You mean argueing over how he couldn't have known anything about it rather than any form of remorse? Yeah, really calls for consideration.
Super Speler

Post by Super Speler »

Meh to you.
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

uhuh
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

Homestar doesn't have to apologize for anything. Only people who live in NL knew it was lethal from what I see of the text replys. Anyone else can only speculate. Did the video poster know?

* 4th of July goes crazy!
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

Hop, meh

I would say it's pretty awesome, but then you see the deaths (how would I know? I've never even heard of this! besides, it's not in English) and that's a little different, He didn't see that part is all. methinks you just want to be cruel. End of discussion.

Digitan, woah, despite the stupidity of shooting fireworks at each other... that would stink to have your stash hit like that! :shock:
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

ROFL! he keeps swearing! :P
Looks awesome!

but.. fireworks at.. the 4th of july? why? it's not like the 14th july in France is it (no can't be.)

@thecheat: aside from the fact that I agree with you, why is it not being english an excuse? It wouldn't be any excuse for a dutchman if something was english instead of dutch.

now, if you can read Dutch (and it really isn't all that hard) and English as well (oh yes, both) then here is a site that's quite funny: http://homepages.cwi.nl/~steven/spelling.html

edit: "Neerslag" isn't a "Dutch hit" though (lol), as the site implies. Both "nederland" and "needslag" (which could have been "nederslag") come from the word (you guessed it) "neder" which means low when used normally (as in Nederland, which means low land), and down when used directionally (as in the case with neerslag, which is rain, and snow, and everything else that goes down over time, including settling dust).
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

I like the part at 00:08 where it goes pure white. "Oh ****, my box!"...

* BLUUUUUUUUUUURRR!*
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
Super Speler

Post by Super Speler »

Kind Harold, on the 4th of July in the US alot of people like to blow things up (really).
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

Oh, here's a website I've found incredibly useful. I was listening to Clark Howard, a money advice guy for those of you who don't know him (he comes on after Boortz :D ). Anyway, he highly recommended this site: dealnews.com. I have over the past few weeks found it outstanding in giving the best internet deals available PERIOD.

Things to note:
1) First and foremost it is no people died in the making of this site giving it "hop compatibility".
2) It updates every hour and on the half, so just because you find a great deal a few minutes ago doesn't mean it will always be on the front page. Every time I visit the site (about 3 times daily), there are different deals available!!!
3) They are very stingy on giving something a "five hotness" rating... If it has five dots, it is an amazingly good deal.
4) Many times free deals will pop up. That's right, it's free to all who want one! :excited: So watch out for those.

Check it out for yourself... Enjoy!
Image Image Image Homestar just earned .75 maxcoins for this post.
Delnar_Ersike
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Delnar_Ersike »

Tetris fans, you can't wait to get this onto your bedroom wall.

About July 4th, yes, a lot of people like to blow things up on that day. I still remember when one of my neighbors invited me to fill up this huge tank with those little Chinese petards and throw a match inside... 8)
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

Homestar wrote:1) First and foremost it is no people died in the making of this site giving it "hop compatibility".
I have no problem with deaths in videos, I just think you where being a respectless american idiot.
thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

king harold, I was just saying, for example, if I try to cross the street, and you warn me in another language (that I can't understand) how do you expect me to stop? I would have no idea what you're saying.

anyways, I assume everyone doesn't look hugely into all the background of an online video. Especially if it's in another language.

once again, meh hop.

On the wall tetris... that looks incredibly hard... looks like the squares bleed into each other... BUT, very cool...
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

I don't watch youtube videos with sound so I wouldn't even know what language the video is in or what it says. Didn't need to.

Just think along the lines of "that's not funny, my ... died that way" before you post more dumb violence/danger videos and want to associate it with enjoyment, coolness, or ninja smileys.

It's respectless and dumb and you're nowhere near as cool for being able to enjoy it as ebaumsworlders who lol at 9/11 videos, people getting shot or run over by heavy duty vehicles, diy accidents, and so on.

The tetris light grid bleeding could be fixed with some thick paper over the grid, but maybe it's only caused by the camera.