The General "Funny Movie, Picture or Website" topi

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

Do you remember when I posted that video of the smoke bomb? (mabye it got deleted)

Salt peter is a common name for Potassium Nitrate, or KNO3. It is commonly sold as stump remover or fertilizer ;)

by adding more sugar or saltpeter you get a really good smoke bomb (as you can kinda see by his video). However, adding ground rubber makes it really nice :D

Also by adding Diesel you can get a bomb. Remember the news back in like 1995 when some guy drove a truck "fertilizer bomb" into a building... That was mostly a KNO3 Diesel mix :roll: . It helps to remove the stumps a little quicker ;)

By adding Carbon and Sulfur you get black gunpowder. Now I have heard if you gather all your friends (particularly the Confederate Army) and you pee in a bucket and boil that down, you have a pretty high percentage of saltpeter lining the pot... Have yet to try it though.

Besides being dangerously fun, It is sometimes used in food as a preservative... Whatever you do BE CAREFUL!!! This stuff does not go out with a fire extinguisher and in some cases water, because the KNO3 acts as an oxidizer and can therefore burn without oxygen from the air. It also burns very hot and can become sweet smelling Napalm due to the sugar.

The Cheat and I did many things with it last summer. BTW I posted the video I was talking about at the end of this post; we used 1 pound of KNO3 and 2/3 Pound Sugar. We made it by boiling down the two in water, giving an even and very strong bond prior to igniting. Then we shaped the quite warm pla-doh into the shapes we wanted and lit it off with a fuse (recommended). It burns really hot (I assume that guy's PVC tube was a one time use deal).

The fertilizer number is (13-0-44), this can be found at a local feed store or farmer's outlet, you'll probably be asked to sign off for it for the reasons I said above, and if you want really large quantities... like a ton or two :wink: they might need a background check. However if you want to pay $5 a pound vs ~$40 per $50 lbs, you can just pick it up at home depot, Lowe's, or a local hardware store as stump remover. Most local hardware stores are required to add detergents to their normal fertilizer to prevent anything other than fertilizer coming from it (but not the stump remover).

like I said, different mixes can give a cleaner propellant, a powerful smoke bomb, or a dangerous explosive... 'njoy :P
Clicky

whatever you do make sure to video and post it for us to see.
Image Image Image Homestar just earned .75 maxcoins for this post.
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

There are black helicopters overhead and some guy shouting over a loudspeaker now. :ninja:

...and...Is that Janet Reno?
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ooa8nHKPZ5k

A good tribute to hard-core TI fans. For the hip-hop impared, T.I. has been a major recording artist for the past 3 or 4 years -- appeared in "ASAP," "U Don't know me," "Motivation" and other chart-toppers. I though it was pretty funny.

"Girls just player hate!" :lol:
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

MAXCODERZ FIRST VIDEO BLOG!!! (I think) STARRING: Homestar and TheCheat :)

@ Digitan, Here's more detail on making Playdoh (The Saltpeter + Sugar stuff) in case you're interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG0iLL3iDTM

Because the sound quality is low due to using a picture camera for video and compressing the file through youTube... my voice sounds a little different :lol:
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Homestar wrote:MAXCODERZ FIRST VIDEO BLOG!!! (I think) STARRING: Homestar and TheCheat :)

@ Digitan, Here's more detail on making Playdoh (The Saltpeter + Sugar stuff) in case you're interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG0iLL3iDTM

Because the sound quality is low due to using a picture camera for video and compressing the file through youTube... my voice sounds a little different :lol:
Noooooooo needs a part 2 where you light them all.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

That was very informative, and well done. I bet your chemistry teacher would like to see this no? :D
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

Yeah, I made good friends with my chemistry teacher :wink: *wink wink*

I'm going to try to host another video in a few days of lighting them off. Right now my main concern is college finals though :(
but after that I'll have more freetime :) ... what will I do? :twisted: :roll: :twisted:

I think it would be cool to see some other maxcoderz video blogs, but it's gotta be of something neat, not just a "hi my name is dude4453".
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

Well, I thought I'd post some of the videos I've made/been part of.

If you noticed 2 posts ago I was a little sensitive on the lighting and sound quality, while most of you were probably thinking "Looks and sounds fine to me... in fact better than a lot I see from day-to-day on YouTube". Well, it's cause I try to be as professional as possible, and I'm around video a lot, so I pick up on and exaggerate the mistakes much more-so than you probably do.

The first film I'll post is The True Self. This was a short film I made entirely myself, after my dad mentioned a basic idea (more sarcastically than not). The Man is my father, and the boy is thecheat. I also submitted this in my portfolio to the Savannah College of Art and Design where I hope to begin getting a degree in Film this upcoming Fall Semester. One of my many goals as a filmmaker is to be in every film I make. Can anyone find the breif appearance?
*hint look toward the bottom half of the screen CLOSELY* First one to guess correctly gets 1 brownie point.

The second I'll post is called Peril to the Shire. If you notice I left it untitled until the release, this is because it is still in Post Production (editing process)... and to make a long story short, I want to keep it "under wraps" so to speak until the film is fully released this June/July to the group who worked on it. The compression seems to emphasize the leaves in the sound :x. but it's not that bad. This preview hardly scratches the surface of the introduction of the complete film, as this epic is 3+ hours long. The story takes place in the Shire while Sam and Frodo are on their journey to destroy the ring in the series Lord of the Rings.

This is what I made that costume for (posted it a month ago), and when the film's done being edited I'll see if I can pull out the "big battle scene" which is where I appear :D.
A Few Pictures:
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q205 ... G_0451.jpg
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q205 ... G_0621.jpg
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q205 ... G_0794.jpg
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q205 ... ect182.jpg

I also made this (picture and everything), it is currently the background of my Status Productions YouTube Page. Due to compression if you look closely on the large picture some specks are visible. It's Simple... Formal... Status :P

I'll probably post more later on in the next few weeks/months. (and I'll see about that smoke bomb video too).
thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

and I took the picture.... ;)
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

:ninja: Pretend you had a box of fireworks. What would it look like if you lit them all at once?

Imagine a factory full of them... What would that look like?

Here's another interesting one. The Prediction. Anyone else know how it works?
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

wow, dude, that's dutch, was that Enschede?
I know someone who lives there, he is going to try out the smoke stuff soon :P hopefully he'll let me play with it as well :)

hm, the prediction looks interesting, I naturally tried very hard in any way not to come on that last thing and I found out that you can't not come there, because he always calls a number that makes it impossible to reach the square he takes away, clever trick ;)
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

@ hop: Why do you take offense to me posting that video? Did I seem to glorify the fact that 22 people died in any way in my post? As a matter of fact I didn't even know. :?

I just find videos I think are cool and post them for the forum's enjoyment. The description says nothing except that it was a firework accident caught on tape, and from what the video shows, that much is true.

I could understand your offense if for example I had posted a video of columbine etc. and said how cool it was and glorified the killing, but I didn't. Not even the title, nor the location (South America isn't specific enough, even if it were correct) of the incident. Therefore to my knowledge at the time all I posted was a massive firework display and scattered explosions that stood out from most other videos I've seen.

I do think your jumping to conclusions is a little uncalled for. If you really disagree with something I post just say so; name calling does nothing whatsoever for either party.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

not to be uncaring, but only 22 people, that is nothing. Ok it sucks, also for those who lost their houses, but it isn't as much as, say, the number of traffic accidents even per single day.

(in fact, even 9/11 didn't have all that many deaths, close to 3000 only, which is nothing compared to the economical consequences)

now continue with actual fun please ;)

ps: don't hate me because of my relativations, they are merely that.