Next version of xLIB - features?

Moderator: tr1p1ea

elfprince13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by elfprince13 »

tr1p1ea wrote:There is nothing wrong with your suggestion and its not the first time someone has suggested it either. And yep thats what this place is for.

I dont think i will be changing it though as it will break compatibility with every previous xLIB program.
wouldn't be hard to make a quick conversion program to replace all instances of real() in a program.....
lafferjm

Post by lafferjm »

I just thought of another cool feature that would be pretty cool. An input command. I know it is already is on the calculator but i mean one where it would be something like: real(16,string,xpos,ypos,length,capsenabled

and the string would be where you stored it, the xpos would be x coordinate, same with y except y coordinate. Length could be the maximum length of input. And capsenabled could be whether or not you wanted caps to be enabled during input.
ninja_master

Post by ninja_master »

I think that you should be able to archive and unarchive programs and pictures. This would be helpful to users that are trying to install programs and pictures. The program would do it by an install program instead of the user trying to find picture 86, in the gunbled mess that is the pics.
Wright Studios.org the place for calculator graphics.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

You can copy pictures and programs into temp programs already. What more would you need?
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

it doesn't need to unarc pics anyways, and there is a TI BASIC function for that... so...
Are all temp-program-related bugs solved? The self-deleting program for example?

parser-based grayscale maybe? should be possible ;)
cartj

Post by cartj »

Someone has probably suggested this, but a inverse screen command would be nice. I know you can do it by applying logic with the pictures but a command would be simpler.
Delnar_Ersike
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Delnar_Ersike »

cartj wrote:Someone has probably suggested this, but a inverse screen command would be nice. I know you can do it by applying logic with the pictures but a command would be simpler.
Just use the DrawShape command, use "invert rectangle" as the shape, and make it as big as the screen (start X: 0, start Y: 0, end X: 94, end Y: 63).
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I wont be adding that ability to archive programs/pics since it gives people the potential to deliberately or inadvertantly wear out FlashROM by sticking an archive/unarchive function in an infinite loop.

And indeed using a screen sized inverted rectangle can be used to invert the screen.

Grayscale is something that i *may* look into, but there are so many problems with that ...
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
patz2009

Post by patz2009 »

I have a few ideas that I haven't seen in xLib...

My ideas:
Toggle the CPU speed if running an 84 or an SE. ex. return 0 if the calc has been set to 6mhz or 1 if it has been set to 15mhz.
Use of logical and, or, xor, and not. Self-explanitory.
ASCII <-> String routines (like QuickBASICs ASC and CHR$ functions)
BASIC error checking ( see http://www.detachedsolutions.com/forum/ ... #msg_31370 )
Getting the OS and boot code numbers.

Things that I want that have already been mentioned:
Linking (like Omnicalc's)
ExecAsm
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

xLIB will already run in 15MHz mode if its on an SE ... and the TIOS already has logical and, or, xor routines?

ASCII <-> String might be something to look into, as well as getting OS, boot code numbers.

Should intergrate linking and ExecAsm like unctionality as well.

Oh and welcome to the forums :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

The TIOS treats a 9byte FP as a single bit though, and that sometimes isn't enough..
Btw, my calc (84p) doesn't want to run BASIC in 15MHz mode, is that entirely impossible or is it just my calc being weird? (Tested with on-calc hand-coded programs that outed either 0 or 1 to the CPU-speed port)

Won't all this make it a 2-page app though? I thought you said you didn't want that.. (I wouldn't mind though)

ps: you forgot the F in front of 'unctionality'
tifreak8x
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by tifreak8x »

I too have noticed BASIC does not run as fast as the SE calcs on the 84+, though I have been told numerous times I don't know what I am talking about... :rolleyes:
http://tifreakware.net - Connecting TI communities
patz2009

Post by patz2009 »

tr1p1ea wrote:and the TIOS already has logical and, or, xor routines?
I meant bitwise operations. Like 11010100b or 00110001b would return 11100101b. If you incorporate these with the ASC functions mentioned before, instant bitwise encryption!
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

It has that.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

how? where? you could do it bit-by-bit I suppose, if you split the number first.. which is slow.

afaik it doesn't have anything like

Code: Select all

.db 83h ;if this 'program' is a hook
  bcall(_convop1)
  push af
  bcall(_pop1real)
  bcall(_convop1)
  pop bc
  or b
  bcall(_setXXop1)
  ret
don't assume this code is without mistakes/bugs/errors! It is untested!

I just mean something that sortof looks like this