Reflex Revolution

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Do we need another DDR-ish game?

Yes
36%
No
36%
idc
29%

Total votes: 14

kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

What you'd expect? That we would cheering and party'ing, because there is another DDR game? I mean... "yay". Maybe I should make another "Guess the number"-gamer aswell!
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

kv83 wrote:What you'd expect? That we would cheering and party'ing, because there is another DDR game? I mean... "yay". Maybe I should make another "Guess the number"-gamer aswell!
Go for it kv83! Why not make one with grayscale, several levels of AI, sound effects, 3d, and maybe even background music! :twisted:

You can do it. :mrgreen:
CDI
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by CDI »

umm... no, I was thinking, ya know, if it wasn't on topic, then it wouldn't be said... ya know? the whole Stay On Topic idea people have...
ImageImage
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

CDI wrote:umm... no, I was thinking, ya know, if it wasn't on topic, then it wouldn't be said... ya know? the whole Stay On Topic idea people have...
I think it's great and very cool. I enjoy seeing different alternatives to other ddr clones.

@The Mod. that must be having a bad day: Sorry you feel that way, I guess most of the programs made by people should just stop? I mean come on, he is trying to improve something.....Make a game better? tsk tsk, it's amazing why I come here so much with lack of support from staff >.< or at least the one I am talking of ..
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

There is nothing wrong with creating games that already fit a well filled-out category as long as they are done right.

Thankfully this one is :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

He was complaining that we were "offtopic". But if we are ontopic, it's bad aswell? :no: It's not bad to make a game which have been done several times, I did myself. But you shouldn't expect people to be excited about it. Imho he should have been thankfull that we replied, even if it was a little offtopic. If you program the game just for yourself, it's fine. That's what I do. But I never complained about the lack of support :no:

(Further more, it was relative on topic, as we were only discussing an DDR-controller for the calc)
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

Sure, I'd like to see another version of ddr for calc. Go for it. I voted yes on the poll. Just because I posted a little off topic, doesn't mean I don't like the idea of the program. I would assume this goes for the rest of the people who posted here as well.

and talking about dancemats for a calculator ddr game doesn't seem to be all that off topic when it's in a forum about a calculator ddr game.

I have nothing but respect for those who donate their time to make calc programs for others. I can't wait to see your finished game. :)
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
CDI
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by CDI »

-- Reviving old games --

Okay, recently I removed the bad lag from RR and also added support for 2 arrows at a time. Now it's even harder ;) but alas the dual-scoring is gone for now, I have updated little things, and the song selector as well. I'm also considering adding back in a MaxCombo number, and even perhaps the "GOOD" "MISS" things for if you hit it or miss it ;)

I'll get an update as soon as I get a cable and finish another song or 3, the biggest thing is the credits doing things and whatnot.

So yeah =)

Also, it's like 1.5x faster ;)
ImageImage
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Cool I cant wait to see it CDI! :D
The Revolution is here...
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

1.5x faster? Wow you've been optimising!

I was suprised to see this thread bumped, now im happy to see why! :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."