BASIC progam to have something like Double's on your TI

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

King Harold
Calc King

BASIC progam to have something like Double's on your TI

Post by King Harold »

Well I wrote a BASIC progam to have something like Double's on your TI, which is not too usefull, but its a miracle that I made it work (well, not quite, but close)
The splitter program takes a string and splits it at the 9th or 10th place depending on whether there is a decimal point in it, the second half is ofcourse made short enough to fit a TI float. Then you can do with them whatever you like although its best to do this:

Code: Select all

expr(str2)+i*expr(str3)
the i is an i really but you can't use itallic in a code section.
which will try to store the "double" as a complex. And it will even work. But you'll have to think of some clever tricks to do math with them (I could write a few examples aswell)

So how usefull is this? not overly usefull I think, but it could be usefull when accuracy is required.[/i]
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

What do you mean doubles? You mean it has a decimal place? Or is at an unlimited length decimal?
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

a double float, double accuracy, twice as many decimal places, and it doesn't even require any ASM, just plain old BASIC.
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Well, you could get much more precision with lists, and they are also somewhat friendlier on the eye (just an occasional comma).
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

ah yes, but everyone knows how to do that, so I wanted to do it the hard way :P