FF:ROS

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Loki
Extreme Poster
Location: My world is in grayscale, but if i stand still long enough, i see it in black and white.

FF:ROS

Post by Loki »

Okay. some of you know I started a BASIC rpg called Final Fantasy: Requiem of Shadow, and it kinda ended up dead. Well, after losing all hope of recovery, i stumbled across an old rpg demo i made a year ago, and im thinking about using that to ressurrect FFROS. Here's a little screeny of what i've got so far...this is the demo as it is on ticalc.org...the versoin on my calc is better and more improved, but not mcuh is changed. Take a look:

Image[/img]
Spellshaper

Post by Spellshaper »

Well, i like it.
It may be an old SS, but the graphics are nice and I also like the split-screen :)

Was this version pure BASIC?
PSYCALYPSE
Nigecha dame da!
Loki
Extreme Poster
Location: My world is in grayscale, but if i stand still long enough, i see it in black and white.

Post by Loki »

Yeah. and severely unoptimized...then again, it IS a year old.
Mina-chan

Post by Mina-chan »

Wow, I like it! Final Fantasy is a great series, and i'd like to have one on my calculator =) But I notice the program name is BAKA...when you made it did you think it would be 'baka'? I assume you know what it means.
Loki
Extreme Poster

Post by Loki »

Actually, yes...i couldnt think of a better name for it, and it was just a stupid thing i was doing, so i named it BAKA.

Progress:

I've got a few people helping me out on the game, and it stands thusly:

Elfprince - he's doing the spellbook quest that comes after you leave the village.

Spelli - he's going to remake (or try) the village and mae it more suited to the original storyline

Spellshaper - he's gonna be making the sprites for Elfprince.

thx to those guys for their help. Its much appreciated, and the game wouldnt be able to continue without them =)

Other than that, optimizations are being done, as well as coversion to FFROS storyline. This is the first modern/futuristic RPG for me, so I hope it turns out well.
Spellshaper

Post by Spellshaper »

looking good!

just to get you right:
Spelli is the same person as Spellshaper... :lol:
Spelli is just the name I use on IRC :wink:
PSYCALYPSE
Nigecha dame da!
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Normally splitscreen doesn't work out for BASIC games but I think it was applied quite well for this. Good job.

As for the title, who knows.. maybe you could make fun of rpgs and have a funny rpg instead of a serious one. But we are talking FF here, so maybe not. *shrug*
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
Loki
Extreme Poster

Post by Loki »

Thanks =) Maybe i'll make a funny rpg for my next one.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Looking great so far Loki! I love the splitscreen, very intuitive :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Loki
Extreme Poster

Post by Loki »

Thanks ^_^ i thought it was a very good idea, because it allows one to display graphics and still see whats on the homescreen, allowing for semi-graphical menus thats easy to work with. saves a few bytes, too, cos it doesnt need the arguments required by Text(.
Loki
Extreme Poster

Post by Loki »

hey guys. Been a while, but ffros is still alive and progressing. Maybe soon i can get some screenshots posted. The battle system is currently under construction. See the topic on hrp.unitedti.org or omnimaga for more info.
chickendude
Extreme Poster

Post by chickendude »

Some screenshots would be excellent :)