Latenite - 1.0.6.1 Update [Monday 20/08/2007]

One suite to code them all. An complete IDE and assembler for all your z80 projects!

Moderators: benryves, kv83

kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

_O_ OMG!

Ben. Go. Work. Now. .... Need. New. Latenite _O_
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Heh :)
I've also been reworking a new file manager control:

As you can see, it's now dragging the correct verbs off the registry. The properties window down at the bottom will support plugins, though currently all it shows is the default options allowing you to rename the file and view some information. For example, a "TI files plugin" (which I'll write for certain) would allow you see information about the the file inside the 8xp (or 83p, or whatever) and allow you to rename the program, view the MirageOS icon if there is one and so on.

Further plugins could be used to treat files like directories - an EarlyMorning plugin could return a listing of files and folders inside it, and provide a plugin for the files property window as well.

What really needs doing is getting Brass to operate in two modes - syntax parsing and assembling. The syntax parsing would just parse the entire syntax of a source file (and cache it), returning colour information for each character for the text editor to use. In assembling mode, it would reload the syntax file (from the cache) and quickly assemble.

Combined, you end up with faster assembly and character-perfect highlighting :)
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

I see huge improvements :D
but I found something (bug maybe?) in latenite 1.0.6.0
When you rightclick something in the code and look it up, the "filter by" and "index" fields are not updated and it really looks like they should be..
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

benryves wrote:Combined, you end up with faster assembly and character-perfect highlighting :)
Damn... that's pretty smart :) I guess that gives me a proper reason to upgrade my Latenite again soon ;)
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

King Harold wrote:I see huge improvements :D
but I found something (bug maybe?) in latenite 1.0.6.0
When you rightclick something in the code and look it up, the "filter by" and "index" fields are not updated and it really looks like they should be..
There was a bug in the Internet Explorer ActiveX control that meant that sometimes it would appear "floating" over the top-left of the screen, not where it was meant to be. My fix destroys and recreates the control every time you view the tab, which destroys the newly-selected index.
Try putting the cursor under the instruction you wish to look up, then press F1 twice. Sorry about this.
Timendus wrote:Damn... that's pretty smart :) I guess that gives me a proper reason to upgrade my Latenite again soon ;)
Soon? Haha. :) It'll be a while, I'm afraid...
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

Dunno if this has been mentioned yet, but how about a Build and Send to TI via TI-Connect tool, kinda like the Build and send to PTI tool?
Image Image Image
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Like Visual Studio, along with the default project options will be a "pre-build" and "post-build" set of actions (just a set of commands you can add), so that on a successful build you could get it to run TI-Connect and send the output.

I intend to make debuggers plugins, so they are firmly tied into the IDE (rather than an external program). I hope to be able to add a number of different plugins to Latenite, as well as Brass. One class would probably be a "Tool" plugin that when clicked on could do anything you wanted it to (and appear as an option in the Tools menu). Written, again, in any .NET-capable language (I understand you like PHP, for example). ;)

Yes, I have a plugin obsession.
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

You certainly do :mrgreen:
But I must say that I very much like that aspect of Latenite. It's modularity is what will make it useful for several years and all kinds of users, contrary to many other IDEs.
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

any chance of z80 C compiler like the one for the 89/92s?

(possibly as a plugin)
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

I'd speak to JoelS, as he was thinking about something along those lines.

There are Z80 C compilers around, but I've never had much luck with them and prefer to stick to 'plain' assembly code, so my interest in such a project is minimal.

In terms of IDE integration, that could be tricky, and currently unplanned.
elfprince13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by elfprince13 »

SDCC isn't horrible, but at the moment there aren't really any libraries designed for it, so you're better of just using Asm anyway, haven't tried the other one (I think its Windows only....).

/me thinks a FastRPL or BZC plugin would be cool....or even one for Basic. There's a guy who posted on UTI who's designing an IDE with his son and has both a Basic and Asm interfaces for it.
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

TI-BASIC is entirely possible. You could even get away with making an assembly plugin for that. You could then split different BASIC subprograms down as pages.
elfprince13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by elfprince13 »

excellent, have you published any documentation on the making of plugins for latenite?
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Seeing as Latenite doesn't yet talk to Brass, and Brass doesn't work completely yet (no macro support whatsoever), and the plugin design changes frequently... no.

The current state of things is that Brass can be used as a limited Chip-8 assembler, and Latenite can be used to edit text files (no highlighting, not even proper saving). I really have a long way to go. Sorry. :(
elfprince13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by elfprince13 »

's all right, my current general use IDE (Crimson Editor) is pretty good. It would be nice to be able to move all my calculator stuff into a separate program.