TI 84 +SE programing program??

Got questions? Got answers? Go here for both.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kmee

TI 84 +SE programing program??

Post by kmee »

i have been looking around on guides on how to program in TI basics, one problem i have run into is the TI graph link program. the guide says its helpful to have it, but i found on the TI website that the 84+/SE is not compatible with any version of TI graph link. if there is another program i could use that would work i would love to know about it.

i have ti-connect and the black cable to connect my calc to the computer, plz tell me if i need something else as well. thx
chickendude
Extreme Poster

Post by chickendude »

Everything you need to program on the TI 84+SE is built into the calculator. Hit the program key, scroll over to the New Program selection (hit left once or right twice) and press enter. After you type in the name of your program and hit enter, you can now begin programming!

If you want to send programs that other people have written or save programs from your calculator to the computer, you can use the TI Connect for that. It's not necessary to program in BASIC.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

Well actually you can use TI graph link to write basic programs that will run on the 84+/SE. I'm guessing the reason that it says that it's not compatable is because TI graph link may not be able to link physically with the calculator. However, if you write the basic programs on the graph link software and save them, you can then use TI connect to send them to calc, and they will run fine on your TI84.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
kmee

Post by kmee »

ok, thx, never thought of saving the files then transfering them through ti connect. i thought i had to send them through ti graph link and when i found out the 84SE isnt compatible with any ti graph link i was alittle confused. thx for the help
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

no problem. :) Good luck with the programming. :D
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image