This or That (New rule: Only 1post/24h!!! See startpost.)

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

Patori wrote:nerdiness... in college chicks dig it ;)
Not that I can tell. :( I'm still in the batter's box... Ugh.

Not posting one since I already have today.
ImageImage
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

excel saga. I like spreadsheets. :mrgreen:
(and it looked better in the wiki article)

Well, my recent absence of a few days from this forum is due to a great campaign I've had going in Rome: Total War with the Germania faction as Shadow Phoenix decided at the top of the 34th page of this thread. It's been going very nicely, I've gotten 17 provinces and beaten the heck out of Gaul, as well as promptly banishing the Britans from the European mainland(I'd kill them on their island also, but I don't have any ports near there yet). I've usually liked to play with factions with strong calvary and good archers, but I'm starting to like the german troops. Unfortunately, The Romans started attacking me recently(probably because I got rid of Gaul, and they don't have anywhere else to expand), and now I have to fend them off. It seems that the german troops aren't all that effective against Romans. If only they had better calvary. Also, one of my diplomats just spotted a huge Gallic(Gaul) army coming towards me from the spain area, and I'm going to have to divert some troops there in about two turns to defend my cities. As for my cities, I don't have much population, and I can't build better buildings until I get enough population to advance each to the next level. All in all though, it has been a lot of fun. If anyone is thinking about getting the game(it's pretty cheap now) go for it. There's nothing like watching 20,000 soldiers assault a castle, with flaming arrows raining down and catapaults hurling rocks at the walls. Also, I just watched the trailer for Medieval 2: Total War, and it looks amazing. Here is a link to the filefront page where you can download it. Just remember while your are watching it that it's all in game footage, no pre-rendered cg. It's really amazing what they can achieve with their engine. There are also some screenshots on the page I linked to, if you don't want to download the video. There is also a lower resolution version of the video here. enjoy.

Well, I noticed some good hard drive deals in the ads today. I've noticed that prices have really come down on them recently. What do you think is better?

Maxtor PATA-133 100gb drive at office depot for $19.99, Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB SATA300 hard drive for $49.99, or Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB SATA300 hard drive for $159.99?
Last edited by CompWiz on Tue 05 Sep, 2006 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

2x 250gigs, you have 500gb for 100$.

school or work?
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

School. You can earn monay while following it and it will produce a piece of paper that will magically increase your wage and job options, plus it works better on your self respect, wisdom in some areas, and socia/party life than most steady 9 to 5 desk jobs would as far as i know.

Get up very early or stay up very late, every day?
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

stay up late (a humans biological clock thinks a day is 25 hours long, so you allways end up getting up an hour too early)

making homework and having good grades or not making it and have reasonable grades which are still just enough.
if you're outof school allready: would you change the amount of attention paid to your homework if you could go back in time?
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

not making it and have good grades. That's what i have done all my life :)

Dutch or German?
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

German, it's the language I took in high school. I did very well, and had a great teacher. I'll probably never use it, but it was a lot of fun. :) Also, I'm playing the germans in Rome: Total war right now, and pounding all the rest of the factions. I have a seige going on the city of Rome right now. Soon, germans will rule the roman empire. :twisted:
leofox wrote:2x 250gigs, you have 500gb for 100$.
unfortunately, it's limited to one rebate per household. Otherwise, I'd love to get a 500gb RAID 0 array going. I did end up buying the 250 gb hard drive, as it is the best deal.

Knights of the Old Republic (1 or 2) or The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
anykey
Extreme Poster

Post by anykey »

I've heard good things about both.

Oblivion is newer and has amazing graphics (and ugly characters!), so I'll go with it.

Honda or Toyota?
I think, therefore iMac
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

Toyota. I've had very good experience with their cars... Honda is OK, too, I guess...

Chevy or Ford?
ImageImage
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

bah, American cars.

I'll go with chevrolet.

Aston Martin or Jaguar? (finally, good car brands :P)
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

Jaguar ^^

NTFS or FAT**?
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

NTFS for harddisks and FAT for everything else (the pre-allocated space isnt needed at all for say USB sticks)

using direct3d for 2d games or.. not?
Scavenger

Post by Scavenger »

not using Direct3d for 2d games.

Command prompt or win32? :D
Last edited by Scavenger on Wed 06 Sep, 2006 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

command prompt ftw. muc more powerful

bash, csh, or something else?
ImageImage
gangsta
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by gangsta »

bash

intel or AMD? the million dollar pc question