What you need to know if you come to holland

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

actually french made them... and belgian fries just taste dirty... to much potato if you ask me...
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

lol

Post by the_unknown_one »

No they didnt! I'm sure of it! Lemme search... And btw, they taste great! Never tasted patatje-met, but friete me mayonaise are delicious :D But they dont taste the same everywhere ;) Ok i found the info: both the french and the belgians claim they invented them, but nobody knows for sure! But i know for sure that they are ours!! OURS!!! OOOOOUUUURRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.stim.com/Stim-x/9.2/fries/fries-09.2.html
leofox
Calc Master

Re: lol

Post by leofox »

the_unknown_one wrote:Exactly, because they're OUR invention! Its called french fries, but WE invented them! THEY'RE OURS!! OURS!!!! OURSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *starts screaming* *recovers*
Leofox, how come u've read an Urbanus comic? How did ya get it? I love them :D
Umm, i just go to the comic book section in the librabry.
actually french made them... and belgian fries just taste dirty... to much potato if you ask me...
Then you've had them from someone that can't make them good. I don't like that much potato myself either, but in my town there's this Korean guy that's like the 'frieten-meester'. Really, his Belgian fries are teh best.

What sauce do you like on your fries? I like tartar sauce, it's sour but not too sour, and doesn't taste as fat as mayonaise.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Patatje oorlog (mayonaise - sate) or Patatje Speciaal (curry - mayonaise - onion)
jbshaler
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by jbshaler »

My sister has a pair of wooden shoes, and both of us have "Dutch costumes," which I assume are 1700's or 1800's style since I imagine you must wear pretty normal clothes over there.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

jbshaler wrote:My sister has a pair of wooden shoes, and both of us have "Dutch costumes," which I assume are 1700's or 1800's style since I imagine you must wear pretty normal clothes over there.
Nah, we just wear those still, just look:

j/k
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

Tripod | Error for your picture kv83...

jbshaler, we just were normal clothes over here of course. But a lot of Dutchmen go to Volendam to have their picture taken in those costumes and wooden shoes. I've done it twice in my life, it's kind of fun. A lot of foreigners do it too.