Back

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

try LoginRecovery.com. It can get all the passwords on your computer for free, as long as you can wait 2 days. or pay $10 and get it right away. It's very easy to use.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

benryves wrote:I've never really seen the point of these "Live Linux recovery CDs", seeing as Windows comes with one that is perfectly capable of basic system fixing.
It can hack your password and override account permissions?
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

you could just get all the passwords on your computer at loginrecovery.com. It's easier than fooling around with linux. :P
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

Not easier. Different. Less control. Less privacy.

Different.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

How is it less control, less privacy? You get all the passwords, or you can get individual passwords. Then just use some administrator account to do whatever. You can use the Administrator account, how much more control do you need?
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

How is it less control, less privacy? You get all the passwords, or you can get individual passwords. Then just use some administrator account to do whatever. You can use the Administrator account, how much more control do you need?
Root access!!! :twisted:

Anyway, joking aside, dont your parents regulate your PC usage? I mean all of the solutions are useless if your parents will just take the laptop away from you.
Life is getting better.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

Hah, I have my own computer. I made it a few months ago(and I made the one I used before that, and paid for them both) And half the time I use my sister's laptop. My parents gave up on regulating my pc usage.
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

CompWiz wrote:How is it less control, less privacy? You get all the passwords, or you can get individual passwords. Then just use some administrator account to do whatever. You can use the Administrator account, how much more control do you need?
Less control while running the tool. Less privacy as in you're sending all your account info and passwords to a company over an internet connection.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

true. But if you don't want them to know usernames and passwords, just change the username. It precedes the hash. That way, if anyone ever did look at it, they wouldn't associate the password with a username you'd use.

But yeah, you're right. It's still easier though. :P
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

Say it's easyer when you've actually tried those linux tools.

It's nothing more than popping in the disk, booting, and selecting a menu option.

Heck, you can make it so it does everything automatically.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

hah, but with my way, you only have to pop in the disk and boot. No menu options to worry about. :P
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

CompWiz wrote:hah, but with my way, you only have to pop in the disk and boot. No menu options to worry about. :P
my way you dont even have to pop the disk OR select menu options. :P

/offtopic/
Heh, now we are the whole idea of geeks. We are trying to see who's way of loading OS is faster....
/offtopic\
Life is getting better.
Loki
Extreme Poster
Location: My world is in grayscale, but if i stand still long enough, i see it in black and white.

Post by Loki »

My parents keep trying to regulate my PC usage. But it doesnt work. They take my power cord and monitor cords, but there's more lying around all over the house so its easy to get back on
CDI
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by CDI »

Hmm, can you get on IRC anytime? (My mother took away my phone privilges, she found out I called you)
ImageImage
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

CDI wrote:Hmm, can you get on IRC anytime? (My mother took away my phone privilges, she found out I called you)

SKYPE!!!!!!!!!
Free for calls in USA/CANADA.
Its a program that calls from the computer to regular phone lines. :D
Life is getting better.