Bejeweled

Got a brilliant program idea? Let us know!

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

thegamefreak0134
Extreme Poster

Post by thegamefreak0134 »

Thanks. Believe it or not, I've never worked with pixel art before. Not like this. It was interesting to make.
I'm not mad, just a little crazy.

DarkNova - a little side project I run.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

NICE. *gives you a big cookie* Use that graphic scheme :)
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

I think thecheat was a natural at pixel art also. He started making a couple sprites, and they just looked great. :) Nice talent to have here.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

wow now if the game can play as good as it looks then we will be set...I guess there is really no need for my version. Yours looks great! Keep it up mate!

which greyscale package are you using...or is it your own?
The Revolution is here...
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Sounds like his own.
thegamefreak0134
Extreme Poster

Sounds like his own.
You're joking, right? Thanks for the compliment, but I'm nowhere near good enough to write a greyscale package. I'm using Jim e's package. (More details at revsoft, if I'm not mistaken.)
wow now if the game can play as good as it looks then we will be set...I guess there is really no need for my version. Yours looks great! Keep it up mate!
By all means, keep your own version going. Don't trust me with a couple of screenshots I drew in paint, I'm not entirely sure what it's going to come out like yet.

Anywho, work continues.

-thegamefreak

DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Ah that's right, I forgot you mentioned using jim's RGP.
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

nah man...I have other projects I can work on. This was just a simple project for me to understand generating random stuff and then checking for it. If a cool game came out of it...even better! Trust me yours sounds cool and I'll I ask is that you use the RGP and you are so all is happy.

I'm not here to compete, I code stuff that I find fun...bejeweled hadnt done right before, I thought it would be a fun project.

Keep it up man, I wanna see this one through!
The Revolution is here...
thegamefreak0134
Extreme Poster

I actually got something to work.

Take a look at the above statement. This is the first time in my life I can say this for asm. Ever. Seriously, I jumped for joy.

http://thegamefreak0134.googlepages.com/BEJ.8XP

OK, so all this does is load the title and show a randomly-created board. I know it's not much, but it's a pretty big achievement for me. It's currently compiled for VTI, but I ran it on my 83+SE and thanks to Jim e's wonderful package I couldn't tell the difference between the two. When I actually have playability or at least something interactive (press ENTER btw) I'll send out a zip with all three versions.

As you can see, I should be able to have the actual game playable at an original level pretty soon. Animation will be my next nightmare...

-gamefreak

CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

wow, that's great. I'm uploading it to my 84+SE and 83+ right now to try it out. :) I can't wait until I'm to that stage with asm programming. So, what guides did you use to learn asm?

TiConect is giving me problems with my direct usb link now, I'll have to find my silverlink. :x I had it around yesterday.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Awesome stuff thegamefreak0134, congrats on the victory! How long exactly have you been coding ASM for?
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

ha, I just got TiConnect to work again.
while it looks good, it seems it's messing up for some reason on my calculator. You can see the CrunchyOS program menu through the white parts of the titlescreen. And I didn't even use crunchy to run it. I ran it from asm( on the homescreen. Hmm, now pushing Mode from the homescreen gives me a blank screen, no menu. and there's nothing over the Y1= in the Y= menu. Something's wrong. I'll try a full clear and then restore everything from a backup. That should finish in about 40 minutes. :x
thegamefreak0134
Extreme Poster

tr1p1ea wrote:Awesome stuff thegamefreak0134, congrats on the victory! How long exactly have you been coding ASM for?
About a week. Well, for stuff that wasn't getting text on the screen in an APP, which I don't credit for anything. If you count that, about 2 weeks. I've been trying to for years, but only recently figured out how to get the compiler to work properly. Now that I know more about how this works and how all of the defines work, I am able to more easily debug the program, which helps a bunch.

ha, I just got TiConnect to work again.
while it looks good, it seems it's messing up for some reason on my calculator. You can see the CrunchyOS program menu through the white parts of the titlescreen. And I didn't even use crunchy to run it. I ran it from asm( on the homescreen. Hmm, now pushing Mode from the homescreen gives me a blank screen, no menu. and there's nothing over the Y1= in the Y= menu. Something's wrong. I'll try a full clear and then restore everything from a backup. That should finish in about 40 minutes.
I know what the problem here is. I need to clear the buffers at the start of the program so you can't see the screen "ghost". Easy fix. The graph screen being messed up is because the greyscale package uses saferam1 and saferam2, which are the graph screen buffers. Do a cleardraw and it should fix that. I also noticed the y= thing, and the only fix I have found is a RAM reset. I'll talk to jim on that, as it is likely a problem with the package. Course, I could also be forgetting to clear something out.

OK, on a progress note now. You know the color-scrolling thing you all wanted on the title? I actually got it to work. In fact, because it basically involved one logic operator and a move for the math to work right, I would have to put a warning about epileptic seizures if I released it. If that didn't make it apparent, it's going way too fast. I'll slow it down a bit and then release it. This was a big day because it took me 2 solid hours of thought without pen or paper to figure out that it was so simple to do.

-gamefreak