[Staff] Grayscale Slippy Is in finally finished!

Here you can find side projects of the staff and great projects which we think should get extra support. (Note that featured products are not products of MaxCoderz)

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

nope. halts are bad.

The source is included btw :) Just open it up with latenite or another z80 editor of your choice
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

ofcourse it is, I just ignore files that are not 8xp. :oops: :roll:

Well I added in the quality verus speed screen. Its really quick a dirty but it gets the job done. I can't do a gif of that image but its 4 grey squares on the left and a slider on the right. Nothing to fancy. You can call FreqHandle(should return if its not on a SE) to go to the frequency screen. So you could have a key execute this, run it every time at start or only on the first run of the game.

Also another thing, for some reason the bcalls seem to screw up timing(odd, might be something from an os update). You should make the GSGETK in your title screen loop wait for key press, that seems to fix the the flicker there.

www.revsoft.org/graylib.inc

Wheres the infamous maxcoderz logo?

EDIT:
I've been playing it a bit(I'm on level 8), but there seems to be some bugs. For example, I quit and then started it again and now the tiles are all broken. Exiting at one point showed the cursor while mirageos was running. There seems to be a problem some where. Aside from the bug its really great, level 6 had me stumped for a while.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

Jim e wrote:mirageos
:o mirageOS? How can you tolerate it? It wears out your archive faster, and if any program crashes, the program is either deleted or corrupted, and you RAM gets cleared. Crunchy os is much better, and it even supports compressed programs, levels, and data files to save archive space.

sorry for the off topic, if you mention mirage or Intel around here, you can expect a responce.

I've played a bit more of this game, and I haven't hit any bugs yet. So far it's great and a lot of fun. I should have some time this coming week where I'll have a calculator and nothing else to do than play some more of these excellant games. I look forward to it. Nice job on this program. :)
Jim e wrote:Wheres the infamous maxcoderz logo?
yeah, I was wondering. Why no logo? :?
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

But there seems to be some bugs. For example, I quit and then started it again and now the tiles are all broken. Exiting at one point showed the cursor while mirageos was running. There seems to be a problem some where. Aside from the bug its really great, level 6 had me stumped for a while.
Hmmm... strange, maybe it's MirageOS incompatible :P I didn't tested it a lot on that... try out the ION version...
Why no logo?
Hmm... good question I guess I think it's only space-wasting. I didn't included my name either :) ...

Glad you like it Jim :)
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

kv83 wrote:maybe it's MirageOS incompatible :P I didn't tested it a lot on that... try out the ION version...
all the more reason to use CrunchyOS. It can run Mirage and Ion programs no problem, and has crash protection. :mrgreen: Apparently, it also can run this program better. :P
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

CompWiz wrote: :o mirageOS? How can you tolerate it? It wears out your archive faster, and if any program crashes, the program is either deleted or corrupted, and you RAM gets cleared. Crunchy os is much better, and it even supports compressed programs, levels, and data files to save archive space.

sorry for the off topic, if you mention mirage or Intel around here, you can expect a responce.
I'm getting tired of this shameless CrunchyOS and amd promotion. When it comes to calcs I am a coder NOT a gamer. With that in mind I use the most popular shell because I want to debug for the largest audience. Dwedit added a few functions which have no use to me.
If you really want to save your archive don't over fill it.
Hmmm... strange, maybe it's MirageOS incompatible Razz I didn't tested it a lot on that... try out the ION version...
I was trying the ion version, but perhaps I caused a leak some where, I double check later.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Jim e wrote:
CompWiz wrote: :o mirageOS? How can you tolerate it? It wears out your archive faster, and if any program crashes, the program is either deleted or corrupted, and you RAM gets cleared. Crunchy os is much better, and it even supports compressed programs, levels, and data files to save archive space.

I'm getting tired of this shameless CrunchyOS and amd promotion.
I agree. Altough CrunchyOS is rather a nice shell, I would like you, CompWiz, to temper your enthusiasm about things you love (especially chips and shells apperantly).
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

kv83 wrote:I agree. Altough CrunchyOS is rather a nice shell, I would like you, CompWiz, to temper your enthusiasm about things you love (especially chips and shells apperantly).
Ok, I'll lay off on the Crunchy promotion, but bashing Intel is still fair game. (I'll try to keep it to the AMD Intel debate forum though)
Last edited by CompWiz on Wed 14 Jun, 2006 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Ha...finally Kv83 this is sweet man! I love it. Works great on my 84+ SE, good to see my titlescreen finally in action man.
The Revolution is here...
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Madskillz wrote:Ha...finally Kv83 this is sweet man! I love it. Works great on my 84+ SE, good to see my titlescreen finally in action man.
Hehe, yeah... it was about time that that sweet titlescreen was used, aye? It feels good to be "done" with slippy :)
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

My 84+SE arrived in the mail today! Now ill be able to test all sorts of 83+ programs on actual hardware! (Ive made a lot of 83+ stuff and never tried it for myself :)).

Bring on the slipster!
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

tr1p1ea wrote:My 84+SE arrived in the mail today! Now ill be able to test all sorts of 83+ programs on actual hardware! (Ive made a lot of 83+ stuff and never tried it for myself :)).

Bring on the slipster!
Nice! How many calcs do you posess now? :D
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

2 83's, 1 broken 84+SE and a working 84+SE :).

The broken 84 still works, just you cant see anything :S.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

tr1p1ea wrote:2 83's, 1 broken 84+SE and a working 84+SE :).

:P wow... I envy you man :cry: I only have a 83... god bless PTI
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

kv83 wrote:
tr1p1ea wrote:2 83's, 1 broken 84+SE and a working 84+SE :).

:P wow... I envy you man :cry: I only have a 83... god bless PTI
you don't mean to say that you are running an 83+ on pindurTI when you don't even own one. :shock: :lol: