Basicbuilder plugins

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

anykey
Extreme Poster

Post by anykey »

elfprince13 wrote:really? for me it was by far the easiest language Ive learned after HTML, Logo and Basic....
I completely agree!
BTW, if it's in Python, why isn't there a OSX version? (I'm going to start bothering people who write calc-related utilities from now on!)
You probably used py2exe, right? Maybe a release of a plain source version would be nice; it would run on all platforms!
I think, therefore iMac
mmartin

Post by mmartin »

The reason it isn't available anywhere else than on windows is that I wrote it in too many different programming languages. The oncalc code is of course Z80, the assembler I've written for basicbuilder is java, the app generation code is python, the onpc compression code is in c and the gui is in delphi. Most of the code is pretty portable except for the delphi code. Although someone is working on gui code in wxpython. An example of his work is available here. But it still has to be changed in order to get the same quality as the delphi code on windows.
elfprince13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by elfprince13 »

that would be mine....and I should get back to work on that actually....
silver calc

Post by silver calc »

I really like your idea, mmartin. Could you add support for archiving lists/other variables also?
Please "encourage" me to work more on Image any way you deem necessary
mmartin

Post by mmartin »

Of course, the whole idea of plugins is that anyone can write extensions. Adding one that allows archiving variables should also be possible of course.

But if you want to you can already accomplish this using a nostub asm program (to be called with "Asm(") Those are already supported in basicbuilder, thus you can (in theory) already do this in another way.