A Review of the Best RPG's / Story Games

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

L4E_WakaMol-King
Maxcoderz Staff

A Review of the Best RPG's / Story Games

Post by L4E_WakaMol-King »

You guys are a lot more experienced and up to date with the world of TI than I am, so I figured I would make this thread for your input.

I'm wondering how many full-length games have been produced for the TI83 series. By 'Full-Length' I mean mostly RPGs... but it could include other games like Stranded, which would be more of a Graphic Adventure or story/puzzle game.

If you know of any finished game that meet these criteria, please post about them and tell me what you thought of the game, if you played it. I'm sure there are dozens of games like this in the making, but I'm wondering how many have actually been finished and released.

Please rate the rollowing from 1 to 10 (10 being best):
Originality
Gameplay
Story
Graphics
Expansiveness (size of the world)
Overall

The only RPG that I have played is the ever-classic Dying Eyes. I played it all the way though and found the secret cave and what not. All in all, it was a good game, and from what I understand it was the first of its kind that was any good. Compared to a PC game or a console game, it wasn't very good, but for a calc game that fit entirely in RAM, I was quite impressed.

Originality: 10
Gameplay: 7
Story: 6
Graphics: 7
Expansiveness: 8
Overall: 7

I also played Stranded. It was amazing. It felt like playing The Secret of Monkey Island for the first time all over again, only on a calc screen. Since it was made for the 83 (no archive), it was sadly short and small... but qhat it lacked in quantity it made up for in quality.

Originality: 10
Gameplay: 10
Story: 7
Graphics: 9
Expansiveness: 6
Overall: 9

I know there's lot of other good games out there like Desolate (which I played the first half of), so post and let me know your favorites.

(Keep in mind: finished games only ;).)
Last edited by L4E_WakaMol-King on Fri 21 Apr, 2006 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image - Now Under Development - [Progress]
Dwedit
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Dwedit »

How about Bubble Bobble? That's 100 levels of length there...
You know your hexadecimal output routine is broken when it displays the character 'G'.
L4E_WakaMol-King
Maxcoderz Staff

I would calssify that as more of an Arcade type game. I'm sure it is excellently long, but it's not really the type of game that I'm thinking of.
CDI
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by CDI »

Reign of Legends ftw here.

Originality: 9
Gameplay: 5
Story: 10
Graphics: 10
Expansiveness: 10
Overall: 8.8

This was one of the best RPGs I've ever played for the calculator, full story (bigger than some console games) with awsome graphics. Took me 60 hours and I'm still not done! The gameplay takes a hit from loading the screens, but other than that it's amazing to play.
ImageImage
Dwedit
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Dwedit »

Hmmm. Then you may want to change the subject to indicate RPGs only, since any genre of game could be full-length.
You know your hexadecimal output routine is broken when it displays the character 'G'.
L4E_WakaMol-King
Maxcoderz Staff

Ok :)
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

I think there is a topic similar to this one.
L4E_WakaMol-King
Maxcoderz Staff

I think I started one similar to this months ago when I was here... but wasn't sure how you all felt about necro-posting.

Also, I just wanted another thread to check when I come on here... which is a lot now :oops:.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Oh, well necroposting isn't too bad. It is cool with me, but I wasn't sure if you were looking for games that people suggested or not >.>
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

The Verdante Forest

Originality 9
Gameplay 8
Story 8
Graphics 10
Expansiveness 10
Overall 9

This game is one of the best RPG's i have ever played. The game was extremely large (enough to be split into 7 parts :O) and the graphics are some of the best I've seen on the 83+. On the other hand, gameplay did start to get a little stale near the end if you didnt have good enough weapons or armor and you had to level grind to get them, and, to me, the story gave out a little in the end (I was expecting the boss to reincarnate himself or come back from his damage more powerful). But, overall, one of the best.
Main Projects:
Zombie Attack: 20%

Side Projects:
???-25%

Staff member of Hikaru Rakuen Programming.