HP Uninstall

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Mike K

HP Uninstall

Post by Mike K »

So I was cleaning out my add/remove programs today... quite funny to see all the different uninstalls programs have. By far HP's was the "best"....

When I clicked remove, a dialog came up saying that it was about to remove the program...

Then, seconds later another dialog comes up saying HP is downloading content to my system!

Quite the irony.

-Mike
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

You should first uninstall the HP Software Updae :)
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Why is it that any company that puts out decent hardware (hp or Creative, I'm looking at you) puts out extremely shoddy software?
The drivers for my Audigy failed to install the first two times, and when they did installed all sorts of registration rubbish and so on that run on startup.
The hp printer drivers I'm using here add all sorts of clutter as well, and are pretty unreliable...
Grr.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

This pc is a hp and so it our printer. When the printer worked it was very unreliable..And the pc is pretty good, once I delete all the hp software >.<...and upgraded to XP (it was ME before..)
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

The software I got with my HP digital camera was total rubbish. Actually, the camera is rubbish as well, my Canon camcorder takes better pics, except in lower res (1024x768 vs 3.1 megapix)m but the Canon was also like 3 times the price.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"