Important FireFox security update

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

currahee
Calc Wizard

Important FireFox security update

Post by currahee »

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
The latest version is now 1.0.1. I believe it addresses some technical and security issuess
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
soinsg

Post by soinsg »

I think this might be the update that disables the IDN stuff, nothing to worry about unless your language includes characters not in the 'english' alphabet.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Opera is still better imo .... *runs away*
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
coelurus
Calc Wizard

Post by coelurus »

Say "Opera is still better for my needs", nobody can seriously argue against that (can't see anything serious about saying you're dumb :) ).

Firefox is the best for my needs...
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

'Opera is better than anything else' is absolute truth, not a matter of argument. ;)
randroid

Post by randroid »

CoBB wrote:'Opera is better than anything else' is absolute truth, not a matter of argument. ;)
Here is an Idea... lets agree to say "Anything is better than IE, that swiss cheese (he he Security Holes) browser.
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Opera's good, IE sucks, I just prefer Firefox. And how bout we say that IE is like american cheese because 'american cheese' is nasty and swiss cheese is great.
bananas... o.o
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

Opera sucks, my experience with it is 'ok' except had it not been for that IRC worm... I just left IRC on! I even had a firewall (software/hardware) and AV going too! :evil:
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
Kerey

Post by Kerey »

randroid wrote:Here is an Idea... lets agree to say "Anything is better than IE, that swiss cheese (he he Security Holes) browser.
...he says in reply to a topic about a Firefox security fix.

American cheese is good on sandwiches, though I like Pepper Jack better. Personally, I'm not a fan of the Swiss cheese.
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

American cheese is fake cheese. Period.