Life

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Suicide is a horrible alternative, it sends a shockwave through those who care about you and leaves people feeling nothing but helpless. To know that someone thought there was no other way out of their problems is just heartbreaking.

I am so sorry about this cdi.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
T0RM3N7
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by T0RM3N7 »

oh man
I'm really sorry cdi
It's good that he sent out those letters though
on the subject of suicide I'm just going to say that I actually agree with the unknown one about this
sometimes you have nothing to lose, and you don't have anything to live for
girls=time*money
time=money
girls=money*money
money is the root of all evil
girls=(evil^1/2)*(evil^1/2)
girls=(evil^1/2)^2
girls=evil

Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Geeze, that sucks. I feel sorry too cdi. :(

Although, yes, there are certain situations where suicide could be justified, I do not agree with necro or the unknown one. The only times it could be justified are like when you have to die to protect something else or keep information from enemies or something. :P Know what I mean? Greater Good and all that lame cliche stuff. :D Stuff like this is for smacktards who give up in the middle of a game without completing it. Think of life as a videogame- sure some levels can be hard and there's no savestate-ing irl, but giving up completely is a lose! I, for one, intend on winning.
bananas... o.o
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

Post by the_unknown_one »

tr1p1ea: What if nobody cares about you? If your family hates you and you have no friends, it doesn't matter.

Spengo: You don't have to finish a videogame... Life is just a temporary time on this planet, in which you can do what you want and leave whenever you want (in my opinion). We don't even know what comes after this life... I don't believe in there being anything like Heaven & Hell, but I'm sure this life isn't the end. I, for one, believe in reincarnation. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, you can win the game if you want to, but you don't have to.
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

I prefer pause, change settings, resume.

All problems can be solved. Your psychological self may not always like it in advance, but it can.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

It may seem silly to do this, but if anyone is wondering how things between Drew and I have been, I called him today to say hi. I let him know how my summer has been, that I got a job, etc. and we just talked about a few things like videogames and life before my phone died.

I think right now keeping in touch will help mend wounds, if anything.
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

get a gf - that will mend you in a hurry.
She got me away from a complete geek into kind of a real person.
Now I take time to comb my hair in the mornings!
Life is getting better.
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

Um, Shadow Pheonix, DA is gay...

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
CDI
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by CDI »

@shadow - umm... no.... a bf will not mend everything for him, or anyone xD

imho, we all need to be bi and polynamorus (sp?)
ImageImage
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

CDI wrote:@shadow - umm... no.... a bf will not mend everything for him, or anyone xD

imho, we all need to be bi and polynamorus (sp?)
While I think most people are at least partially bi- in fact I believe in the sliding scale of sexuality (I would consider myself 80-90% straight), many people are in fact entirely one or the other. And while I think group sex can be a turn-on, most people (myself included) would prefer a stable relationship with a single person.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

dysfunction wrote:Um, Shadow Pheonix, DA is gay...
n/m then.
Its just that it went so perfectly for me....Whenver I am near her, I am sure that everything is going to be okay and find and cool. Well, good luck anyway DarkAuron!
Life is getting better.
CDI
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by CDI »

dysfunction wrote:And while I think group sex can be a turn-on, most people (myself included) would prefer a stable relationship with a single person.
Nonono... not GROUPS, it's like, having more than one BF/GF at a time, and everyone is cool with it
ImageImage
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

To me, a relationship is just a deathwish worth of stress, for now anyways. I'm still in highschool. I've got college to look forward to. I just got a job. All stressful things in themselves, and yet a relationship is guaranteed to have stress or cause stress in some way. Unfortunately, I cannot handle that extra stress.

Moreso, I've yet to meet another gay person that isn't feminine or suicidal. If they're not suicidal, they're feminine. If they're not feminine, they're suicidal. That's the teenage era and I can't get myself involved in it.

If you havn't already thought about this, if you look at every gay guy you know, you'll see that he either hates, fears, or doesn't know his father or father figure. As a teenager, a guy must face his emotions and problems then either grow past them or, unfortunately, die trying. Society only makes this more difficult for gay people to even want to live in this world. Luckily, things are changing for the better.

After what I've observed I no longer believe that people are born gay; it's more of a permanent psychological and brain development in the early years of a child. The 'proof' that gay people have a different sized gland then straight doesn't prove they were born that way, it may have changed size or not grown as big as they aged because of that psychological effect.

I'm not going to try and go into heavy details here, but my point is that from my experience and logical view of how things will be, I probably won't even want a relationship until after college.

As for polygamy, go watch Big Love and tell me if you still think it's a good idea, because a relationship is a demanding part of your life; having more than one just multiplies the stress. And most people in this modern world don't agree with having multiple relationships because they want everything to be personal, especially the person they're with.
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

Stress is not an inherit property of relationships, it only occurs when you create it for yourself because of some external or internal cause.

That is not to say it is not a reason to avoid relationships, but avoiding relationships isn't the only way to prevent stress that is supposedly caused by them.

It's more of a result of getting stuck in any kind of problem and directly or indirectly becoming anxious from that, instead of growing past it, or dealing with it without anxiety.

To me polygamy seems an avoidance of the lack of permanence desired in a single steady relationship. Call it fear of bonding or anything like that. I see it more likely for myself to deal with the issues raised from wanting to relate with one ideal partner for a fixed time than changing my desires to avoid that "problem". I think that is unfair for all involved.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

DarkAuron: The reason you are probably only finding feminine or suicidal people is that the ones who are comfortable with themselves are a bit flamboyant to begin with and the others aren't comfortable with themselves at all. I bet that later on in life, you will find people that are more comfortable with who they are that are neither suicidal or feminine.