A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

MissingIntellect

Post by MissingIntellect »

:oops: Aww, you guys are too kind... :D
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

tr1p1ea wrote:... Why do we NOT HAVE A WORSHIP EMOTICON!!???! :?:.
I hates the emoticons :P. notice they are disabled on all my posts :P
bananas... o.o
Kerey

Post by Kerey »

Dwedit wrote:Wow... Haven't seen Freedom2surf in a long time.
Haha, yeah. My site was on f2s for a while too, and then they started charging. I think the worst experience was with my first free host Xoom, which was bought out by NBC in '99, who shut down the free websites in 2001. What were they thinking when they bought them out?

Sigh, I'm getting old...

And another note, someone else appears to have created a Western Union competitor with the xoom.com domain. Interesting.
Smoother

Post by Smoother »

Its nice to see that MaxCoderz still alive! Many changes since back in 2001, right Steve? :-)
Nice to see you and Maarten around here still. I took out my old ti83+se today and tried some old MC games. Then I thought maybe I should check out the site too. I like the style of the forum and now I see many new games I have to try out.
Martin
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

Erm, you might be? Former maxcoderz staff or alienhead productions?
Geez I still remmeber the name :shock:
Actually, I didn't know Maxcoderz until Alienhead had merged with Maxcoderz.
Had to love Hitoshi's games :twisted: 8)
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
soinsg

Post by soinsg »

I came here about 4 years ago after following smoother from a palm os forum. If I hadn't of come here I probably wouldn't have made avalanche for palm os (seems to be a popular game in the calc community).

(Sorry for bumping this, I only re-registered a few days ago and haven't looked at all the topics yet).
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

You don't have to appolgize, it's nice to hear from you again :) I remember you from the 'old' days :D
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Kerey wrote:
Dwedit wrote:Wow... Haven't seen Freedom2surf in a long time.
Haha, yeah. My site was on f2s for a while too, and then they started charging. I think the worst experience was with my first free host Xoom, which was bought out by NBC in '99, who shut down the free websites in 2001. What were they thinking when they bought them out?

Sigh, I'm getting old...

And another note, someone else appears to have created a Western Union competitor with the xoom.com domain. Interesting.
I had a xoom account that soon became a ncbi account that soon ended up being nothing when they started charging. It wasn't that long ago...
Kerey

Post by Kerey »

I had a xoom account that soon became a ncbi account that soon ended up being nothing when they started charging. It wasn't that long ago...
I guess. It just seems like anything from middle school or even high school was a long time ago to me even though it really isn't. I made the site in either '97 or '98, initially with some computer game related content, such as a Civ2 mod my brother was working on, and then later scrapped it and made it into an early form of the Narkemen site around the same time I started rewriting the game in assembly. Also, it looks like I moved the site a bit earlier than I remember because the ads got progressively more obnoxious.
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

lol

Post by the_unknown_one »

*sigh* We're all getting older... It seems like the day of yesterday, the day a good year ago (somewhere in October 2003) that i had gotten my TI-83+ and started coding in Basic for it, discovering ticalc.org and such, and a while later Maxcoderz :) I feel a bit like an oldie, cause i've seen a lot happen, and i've been part of DP, even if that didnt work out well :p
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Well i just realised that i have been a part of this community for almost 2 years ... WHOA!

And i have only released 1 game :(.

I had better get to work.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Re: lol

Post by Patori »

the_unknown_one wrote:*sigh* We're all getting older... It seems like the day of yesterday, the day a good year ago (somewhere in October 2003) that i had gotten my TI-83+ and started coding in Basic for it, discovering ticalc.org and such, and a while later Maxcoderz :) I feel a bit like an oldie, cause i've seen a lot happen, and i've been part of DP, even if that didnt work out well :p
Don't feel bad... I was CalcSoft, saw Greenlight, joined AtomicSoft, Drubu, Dysfunction, now MC... Hopefully, I've found a home.... :')
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

L-Man wrote:
the_unknown_one wrote:Cool! A SSB game being made, and it looks great! Much better than Patori's version :lol:
yeah patoris version is the only ssb i saw made for the 83's, i have made some major improvements, i was gonna post a topic here next week with a scrennie, so we will see how much time i have this week,
sorry for beign offtopic :D
hehe... that... Well, I can assure you, that 'm much better a coder now then then... (Gosh, I hate it when you have to say two of the same word in a row...)
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Hang on, let me get this straight ... there is another SSB coming?!?!
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

Patori wrote:
L-Man wrote:
the_unknown_one wrote:Cool! A SSB game being made, and it looks great! Much better than Patori's version :lol:
yeah patoris version is the only ssb i saw made for the 83's, i have made some major improvements, i was gonna post a topic here next week with a scrennie, so we will see how much time i have this week,
sorry for beign offtopic :D
hehe... that... Well, I can assure you, that 'm much better a coder now then then... (Gosh, I hate it when you have to say two of the same word in a row...)
than then :D

well its great that a newer better version of SSB is coming there arent enough good fighting games for the z80 imo

Pongwars shall live!

blog is down atm. :-(