Diablo ASM - a Collaborate effort.

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

dysfunction wrote:Too bad we don't have the old Ikonboard anymore, it was there Joe. P posted his isometric engine (which was originally intended for someone, don't remember who, to use for FF Tactics).
Actually I have a copy of the engine somewhere on my harddrive.. it's quite interesting because he draws everything upside-down then flips it before putting it on the screen, or something like that. And no, no one managed to make FFT as far as I know.

Also, don't be suggesting stuff like downloading a pirated copy of diablo; heck, go to your nearest electronic discount store or a half-price books store and I'll bet you'll find either Diablo or Diablo II for less than $5. I manage to always come across a copy everytime I dig at games in such places.
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

DarkAuron wrote:
dysfunction wrote:Too bad we don't have the old Ikonboard anymore, it was there Joe. P posted his isometric engine (which was originally intended for someone, don't remember who, to use for FF Tactics).
Actually I have a copy of the engine somewhere on my harddrive.. it's quite interesting because he draws everything upside-down then flips it before putting it on the screen, or something like that. And no, no one managed to make FFT as far as I know.

Also, don't be suggesting stuff like downloading a pirated copy of diablo; heck, go to your nearest electronic discount store or a half-price books store and I'll bet you'll find either Diablo or Diablo II for less than $5. I manage to always come across a copy everytime I dig at games in such places.
Why would he need to draw everything down? And if nobody could make FFT, then wouldn't diablo be really hard because it's real time combat? A least FFT was played out in turns.
Image Image Image
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

FFT was insanely complicated and awesome. Plus I doubt he meant that it was impossible, just that it was unfinished.
katmaster
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by katmaster »

threefingeredguy wrote:FFT was insanely complicated and awesome. Plus I doubt he meant that it was impossible, just that it was unfinished.
FFT is one of the funnest games I've every played. Someone should make it for calc. I would play it. A lot :)
cheese=yum
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

*cough* bump *cough*

-Well, the ollabrate part of the project dissapeared :(
-Simple bugs have been fixes :)
-Map loader have been kinda being made
Life is getting better.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Very cool, and yeah since the main site has been down quite a few people haven't been around. If you even google maxcoderz, the forums will not show up.
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

Shadow Phoenix wrote:*cough* bump *cough*

sorry about that. been really busy. besides, you're probably better than 10 clones of me at ASM.
Image Image Image
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

calcul831415 wrote:
Shadow Phoenix wrote:*cough* bump *cough*

sorry about that. been really busy. besides, you're probably better than 10 clones of me at ASM.
DOnt worry about it, I know what it means to be busy.
Anyhow, Right now I have Xs for passable entries and empties for not...it works weirdly...
Life is getting better.
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

How is it progressing? and slordax?
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

katmaster wrote:
threefingeredguy wrote:FFT was insanely complicated and awesome. Plus I doubt he meant that it was impossible, just that it was unfinished.
FFT is one of the funnest games I've every played. Someone should make it for calc. I would play it. A lot :)
Actually, a few people have made final fantasy games(not tactics though). There was the Tales of Magic series with movies and custom theme music, and also some other final fantasy game with top-down graphics similar to Joltima(I think, It's been a while) both for the 83 series of calcs.
Last edited by CompWiz on Tue 14 Feb, 2006 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Everyone buy games from the Tales of (...) series so they will release Abyss in America.
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

so...a summary of all progress?