Quest Quest: A Graphic Adventure (new download available!)

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Should i use Grayscale?

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 20

necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

This seems like it should be neat...no combat though ):
L4E_WakaMol-King
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by L4E_WakaMol-King »

I've got a suprize for you! A first release! :D

Sadly it is not the fully playable version of the prison puzzle. It is just a very basic version that will allow you to test out the game play and see how the LOOK AT and TALK TO functions work. Still, it's something. :)

Download Quest Quest v 0.1!

If you do download this, I ask a few things of you. Firstly, please read the readme file... or at least the "Notes" section. Also, please send me your feedback, either in this thread or by email: sgware@gmail.com. Don't forget to send both files to your calc. It shouldn't cause a crash if you don't, but all the dialogue will come out as jibberish.

Here's an animated screenshot of v 0.1. It shows the dialogue engine in action. :D Please note, this is not the right dialogue for this character. The dialogue you see here is actually from the very start of the game... but I put it in the prison map because it shows off some of the neat features of the dialogue engine. The real dialogue that the character 'cell mate' has is shorter and not as neat to watch (though it is much funnier).

Image - Now Under Development - [Progress]
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

I liked it, far as I can tell there isn't any problems. Except that the demo was so short :D. keep it up!
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

I liked it as well. Demos are always nice, even if there isn't all that much there. (wouldn't it be great if there was even a little metroid demo? :D )

So, I'm guessing the strange characters and wierd error message is the easter egg, right? Can you go anywhere other than the one room?

As for the controls, how about if you push the button for look or talk, the character automatically does it, instead having to confirm that you really want to. Also, if they push, say, the look button after mistakenly pushing the talk button, you could have it automatically go to the action they pushed last.

Other than that, great. I'm glad to see progress.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
L4E_WakaMol-King
Maxcoderz Staff

Hey, back from Thanksgiving break... 3 days without the internet *shudder*

Thanks for the suggestions and reviews. The controls are a little awkward for now, since not all of them work yet, but they will make more sense once everything works. The reason you have to confirm each action is because eventually there will be an inventory of items that you are carrying. You will be able to interact with those also, using the same buttons.

Once I've got it all working, the 2nd button will be a sort of 'deafult action' button to save time (the equivalent of a right click in the old Lucasarts GA's). 2nd will automatically do the TALK TO command if it is a person, otherwise it will automatically do the LOOK AT command.

Did you get the 'Error: All your base are belong to us. Please move all zig and try again' error message? If so, please let me know what you did to get it. Unless I missed something, the only way you would have gotten that would have been if you didn't send the data file to your calc. That will have its own specific error message eventually. (And no, that's not the Easter egg. I haevn't programmed that yet ;)).
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

L4E_WakaMol-King wrote:Did you get the 'Error: All your base are belong to us. Please move all zig and try again' error message? If so, please let me know what you did to get it. Unless I missed something, the only way you would have gotten that would have been if you didn't send the data file to your calc. That will have its own specific error message eventually. (And no, that's not the Easter egg. I haevn't programmed that yet ;)).
Actually, I believe I got that error after talking to the guy for a while. Then one of the menu choices became garbled symbols, and when I selected that, I got that error.

I had the data file on my calc when I got the error.

Edit: I just tried it. After asking him who he is twice(in between I said he wasn't much of a fairy and asked why he was here), one of the menu options(the second one) shows garbled text:
▼ à γ▼▒à 2121@A@A@A?
Then after selecting that, the error message comes up. After pushing enter to get out of the error message, the menu with the question "where am I?" and the garbled text stays up as I walk around. It goes away when I perform another action.
L4E_WakaMol-King
Maxcoderz Staff

Interesting... thanks for the tip! I'll check into that.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Have you updated this since?
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

kalan_vod wrote:Have you updated this since?
Still?
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

He was on AIM a couple days ago.
Image Image Image
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

He was on here like <1 hour ago....
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

I hope this is still progressing :( I kinda missed a lot since when I left, I could add this to my project section of Omnimaga since its kinda RPG ish
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

This looked like a great project, with fast progress and a demo soon after the project was mentioned. Then no more news came. Is this still being worked on? From what I've seen so far this seems like a very interesting game. I hope it doesn't dissapear.
xlibman wrote:Overclocking my toothbrush
let me know how that goes. 8) :lol: