Librarian refuses to let FBI seize records withou a warrant

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

Heh heh, Kerey, please tell me that $3500 was supposed to have a decimal place somewhere in it. :lol:
necro wrote:the gop is the ultimate hypocrite: "government shouldn't controll people...oh, unless they are a minority or dissenters in which case we should be nazistic, rule with an iron fist, and crush them under foot...but companies can be as horrible, unsafe, unregulated and oppresive as they want to be"

Republican is a party that favors restricting citicens from freedom but alowing occurances like enron
Wrong as usual. The Patriot Act got 98% approval from the Senate Democrats and 70% Democratic approval in the House, and both parties voted for renewal last summer (which is why I vote libertarian nowadays). The facts are, the Act went to Congress so soon after we were reeling from 9/11, few bothered to read it. It was bad politics from the start. I think if the American public were more educated on what the act can really do, it would have never been extended...at least not by the House. And I likewise hope the Senate GOP will catch on to this and see there's nothing patriotic about trampling the 4th Amendment in the first place.

Anyway, Google it, wikipedia it, just please promise me you'll get the facts straight from now on.

* Senate.gov: On Passage of the Bill (H.R. 3162)
* House.gov: On Passage of the Bill (H.R. 3162)
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
Kerey

Post by Kerey »

DigiTan wrote:Heh heh, Kerey, please tell me that $3500 was supposed to have a decimal place somewhere in it. :lol:
I wish that were the case, but actually I got my first paycheck and signing bonus. Also, last month I paid $1376.96 in sales tax on my new toy. Insurance is $584.80 every 6 months, which is more than double my health insurance. Being old sucks. Well... I guess I'm not actually old judging by that car insurance rate.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Wow, that is a nice toy ... now things make a little more sense :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

My God, that's a lot of money :P How old are you, and what do you do for a living? :)
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

Wow.... I have barely more than that in my bank account :shock:
Sucks having to pay for college...

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

dysfunction wrote:Wow.... I have barely more than that in my bank account :shock:
Sucks having to pay for college...
I can hear that...
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

>.< geez...
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

That could buy some serious bling. And by that, I mean an 89T. 8)
Projects:

Kerey

Post by Kerey »

Timendus wrote:My God, that's a lot of money :P How old are you, and what do you do for a living? :)
21 year old software engineer.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Kerey wrote:
Timendus wrote:My God, that's a lot of money :P How old are you, and what do you do for a living? :)
21 year old software engineer.
Well in that case, that's cump change! :P What company you work for or do you work for yourself?
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

DigiTan wrote:Heh heh, Kerey, please tell me that $3500 was supposed to have a decimal place somewhere in it. :lol:
necro wrote:the gop is the ultimate hypocrite: "government shouldn't controll people...oh, unless they are a minority or dissenters in which case we should be nazistic, rule with an iron fist, and crush them under foot...but companies can be as horrible, unsafe, unregulated and oppresive as they want to be"

Republican is a party that favors restricting citicens from freedom but alowing occurances like enron
Wrong as usual. The Patriot Act got 98% approval from the Senate Democrats and 70% Democratic approval in the House, and both parties voted for renewal last summer (which is why I vote libertarian nowadays). The facts are, the Act went to Congress so soon after we were reeling from 9/11, few bothered to read it. It was bad politics from the start. I think if the American public were more educated on what the act can really do, it would have never been extended...at least not by the House. And I likewise hope the Senate GOP will catch on to this and see there's nothing patriotic about trampling the 4th Amendment in the first place.

Anyway, Google it, wikipedia it, just please promise me you'll get the facts straight from now on.

* Senate.gov: On Passage of the Bill (H.R. 3162)
* House.gov: On Passage of the Bill (H.R. 3162)
look at the ratios Dem oposition > republican...and many of the dem party felt that it needed ammended and to have reforms to restore some of the rights it trampled. Please do not think I endorse the democrat party...I merely condone most strongly the republicans. I am a independent in every sense with some very radical and progressive ideas. I have already seen both of those lists and have used them (though I don't know if from the same sites) as scource material in my final report for my P.O.D. class last semester.
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

necro wrote:I have already seen both of those lists and have used them (though I don't know if from the same sites) as scource material in my final report for my P.O.D. class last semester.
That's very funny: because it seems to me someone with knowledge of those lists wouldn't have used such an obvious half-truth. Unless they wanted to get caught. No, I'm going to follow my detective work and say you've never seen those results in your life, and mearly assumed they were in your favor. Just admit it: you jumped the gun and blamed the GOP, when it was really both parties of Congress responsible for that bill going through. Sloppy move.

And I wouldn't suppose you have this final report on soft copy either? I'll go out on a limb and say the dog ate it?
Projects:

Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

Kerey wrote:21 year old software engineer.
Heh, you're doing better than me then ;)
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS