Spengo's Racing Game (Grand Theft Avocado)

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

should I port?

leave at Ti-83+
56%
89 all the way!!!111
6%
how bout...both? >:)
38%

Total votes: 16

CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

Spengo wrote:512MB RAM for $9?! Where do you shop! :shock: This is the wrong thread for this discussion methinks. How 'bout instead of discussing PC parts, someone tells me what stupid thing I did in GTA to make the cars disappear halfway down the screen sometimes? :)
threefingeredguy wrote:I want that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $9?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!? Lucky.
I did say where I got all of the prices from. If you sign up for the TigerDirect newsletter, they will e-mail you with prices you cannot believe every week or so. One week they featured a bunch of great items that were free with rebates. Another week they showcased a great barebones deal similar to the one I used for this configuration. The $9 512 mb Ultra 3200 ram was in another e-mail. If you want to make a computer, don't miss out on these deals. I would expecially reccoment you by the barebones kit that I mentioned, as this is so much cheaper than anywhere else, and it is just such a great deal.

Sorry for the off topic, to continue this discussion, please move to the Computer specs forum.

[/off topic]
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Alrighty, I worked on it some more today. Added another enemy car (corvette) and was trying to add a pt cruiser as well, but I encountered a few problems. I should be able to figure it out though.
bananas... o.o
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Yeah! Finish it spengo! :P
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

Like I mentioned on IRC, I couldn't find anything actually wrong with it. Perhaps in the future you might want to loop the code so you could have many more cars and avocados at once. However, I believe this is slower because the jumping around takes an annoying amount of clocks, as opposed to rewriting the code for each object, which would be essentially faster (by 10 clocks per object?)

Looking awesome so far. Much better than anything I can do.
Image Image Image
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

If you ran the main loop off of an interrupt, you can regulate the speed.
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

I can already regulate the speed simply by putting halts in the main loop. I still have that crashing problem on quitting. The new problem I've encountered is the fourth car I've attempted to add (pt cruiser) seems to believe that its coords are the same as the player's. It's very odd as I used the same method for this car as I did all the others and I still can't seem to find a reason for it. :/
Here be the current source:
http://www.sitesled.com/members/spengo/SPENGO1.z80
bananas... o.o
NanoWar
Extreme Poster

Post by NanoWar »

Its nicely commented. XD
But looking at other people's code is always a thing of hours.
So, I can't really help you :?
Revolution Software
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Okays, I finally fixed the mysterious disappearing car bug. (turns out it's a timer that I forgot to stop after it triggered stuff) Anyways, also added a bunch more cars. Now all that's left is the police cars and some cleanup.
Image :excited: :insane: :crazy: :yes:
bananas... o.o
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Sweet! I am happy you found the bug which was giving you headachs!
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Hey the games looking very cool Spengo! Will there be levels or just a drive-til-you-die type scenario for highscores?
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Drive till you die thing. 8)
bananas... o.o
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

Any way you could make it so the enemy cars don't drive right through each other? Otherwise it looks great, it will probably turn into one of those smple-yet-ridiculously-addictive games that I love so much.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"