Revolution Software is officially a year old!

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Revolution Software is officially a year old!

Post by Madskillz »

Today, Revolution Software celebrates it's birthday. RevSoft is officially a year old! I wanna thank the staff, especially Mortal-God, Jim e and Kroot for sticking it out with me from the very beginning. I would also like to thank the new staff members Rezek, Nanowar, Spencer, Raiser, 3FG, Lman, and last but not least Deathsting. Before you guys came we had about 36 visitors registered at our forums...after the new staff members joined, I saw an increase of at least ten new visitors in two days, now we have more than double our visitors! I am sure the great projects like Wizards and SSP certainly didnt have anything to do with it right!? This next year for RevSoft is going to be exciting...Trust me! We have so much stuff coming your way, one such example is given below. Enjoy, well here is to the years to come!

We also figured why not start the next year off with a bang...Thus we are showing you a little hint of the RevSoft APP. The APP will contain somewhere around 8 mini-games with games and graphics created by our staff! There will hopefully be a minigame somewhere in there for everybody.

A few of the sample games that will be in the app:

Image- Lights On
Image- Sky!
Image- Ball
Image- Hold'em

Visit www.revsoft.org to wish us a happy birthday or just to chat it up with us! We have a great forum, and some great stuff on the way. Surely you will wanna be around to take it all in! :D
The Revolution is here...
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

Those minigames look good. Any chance that they will be released as individual programs so you don't have to take up as much space? And will the texas hold'em support two calculator linking? :)
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

I have seriously been considering two-player via the link cable, I even thought of a passable two player game, where the cards are held for each player until they press the enter key or something. We are all trying to make the mini-games as small as we can that way we can try and pack as many mini-games as we can into this app. We are looking at only a one page.

As for individual programs, I am not sure we, as a group, havent really disscussed it. I suppose if we wanted to we could release each game individually after we release the app, that way we could add more stuff, like 2-player and better graphics/more content...But that is for later discussion. I personnally want everybody to be able to play our minigames, even the ti-83 users. I am pretty sure the group feels the same way.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

When this is released on ticalc (if) will it be on a certain persons account or on a account name Revsoft or something?
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

I guess we will have one file, and then list each of our names as authors.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Congrats RevSoft :)
katmaster
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by katmaster »

Madskillz wrote:I have seriously been considering two-player via the link cable, I even thought of a passable two player game, where the cards are held for each player until they press the enter key or something.
How about both :) Seriously, there needs to be more multiplayer calc games.
cheese=yum
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

I agree...More multiplayer games would be nice. I will talk with the group and as a group we will see if I can squeeze it in. I have another little something that I haven't told the group yet but that might take up some more space as well.

Thanks Kv, and everyone else for stopping in or posting here or at UTI giving us congrates! Honestly I was about to give up early in the summer, RevSoft was slow, Calvin had left and a lot of the old members left. Me, Jim, kroot and Mortal were just barely hanging on. But the new members pulled us out of that slump and we are stronger than ever!
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

I think that nano deserves a big high five for pulling in some people for wizards :P, but during the summer I went inactive and was going to quit but then I received a few emails of requests to show my code for a couple things I was working on.[/rant]

Anyways has this been coded plenty or just starting?
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Lights on is finished, I don't know about the others.
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

I'm waiting to see how Smash Bros. turns out. Don't make me go over revive some threads! 8)
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

I'm with you, REVIVE the smb thread!!
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

I haven't seen L-man since...September or something. And I never saw Raiser.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

threefingeredguy wrote:I haven't seen L-man since...September or something. And I never saw Raiser.
He has been active recently at UTI.
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

I havent gotten ahold of Raiser, but I know he is somewhat active in the UTI forums.