Bomb Threat

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

CompWiz
Calc King

Bomb Threat

Post by CompWiz »

Today there was a bomb threat for my school. Someone called the local police saying that a bomb was set to go off in Willimasville North High school at 10:00 AM. We were all evacuated to Casey, the middle school right next door, as soon as they heard the news. Bomb sniffing dogs went through the school, and the police, ATF, and FBI searched the school. At 10:36AM they said it was safe to reenter the school, and that's where I am now.

We also found out that other public buidings were threatened today. Naturally, nothing happened.

I thought you might be interested. I can scan in the official letter we all got when I get home.

It's scary to think a bomb could go off in my school.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

Post by the_unknown_one »

Creepy, I wouldn't want my school exploding... while I'm in it! Else, no problem ;)
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

A few weeks ago, someone stole keshav's sister's cell phone and threatened to kill everyone in the school. I just got locked in the chemistry lab, but keshav (flamingspinach) was in the middle of everything. Here be the irc conversation of what happened:
http://www.sitesled.com/members/spengo/lockdown.txt
bananas... o.o
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

It's sad to hear things like that,
1) Good thing there wasn't a bomb at your school
2) I really hope whoever made that call gets arrested for abusing the emergency system

Too bad you can't have a Cell remained locked. Oh well, at least everything should be fine now.
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

currahee wrote:It's sad to hear things like that,
1) Good thing there wasn't a bomb at your school
2) I really hope whoever made that call gets arrested for abusing the emergency system

Too bad you can't have a Cell remained locked. Oh well, at least everything should be fine now.
Well, some freshman at the nearby Starpoint high school made a bomb threat and pulled a fire alarm on the same day. Apparently she wrote the bomb threat on the wall. They caught her, and according to rumors, since she is over 16, she will be sent to a juvenile detention center until she is 18, then she will be tried as an adult. Stinks to be her, but she deserved it. :lol:

From what I've heard, it was an adult male voice that made the call about the bomb.
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

ROFL pwned. Big time. :wink:

BUt isn't that a bit unjust? Detaining her and then having her tried when she's 18?
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

Actually, this happened at a pretty good time for some people. No one wants to be in school the day before christmas eve, and this is a great excues to skip school. A lot of people left after the bomb threat evacuation was over.

In case anyone is interested, here is the letter we got about it, a couple hours after it happened.
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

"Dear North Parent"
Wow that's really ... really generic
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

currahee wrote:"Dear North Parent"
Well, what do you want them to do? Print out a custom letter for each and every student in 2 hours? Williamsville North is a pretty large school.
lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

Dear parent...
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

CompWiz wrote:
currahee wrote:"Dear North Parent"
Well, what do you want them to do? Print out a custom letter for each and every student in 2 hours? Williamsville North is a pretty large school.
Remind me ... how much tax do we and our parents pay? At least we could see a bit more bang for our buck in that letter :x
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

Spengo wrote:A few weeks ago, someone stole keshav's sister's cell phone and threatened to kill everyone in the school. I just got locked in the chemistry lab, but keshav (flamingspinach) was in the middle of everything. Here be the irc conversation of what happened:
http://www.sitesled.com/members/spengo/lockdown.txt
I don't know but you might want to remove keshav's phone # from that log.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

lecks wrote:Dear parent...
That's even more generic.

Just to clarify it a bit, since there is a williamsville south and east nearby, everyone around here calls our school just "North."
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

We had several bomb threats when I went to school in Atlanta, GA (this was junior high). At my old high school (in Northampton, MA) we never had any, and they haven't had any at my college (Holyoke, MA) so far either, but we have had some rather frightening times. My school's AWC (Anti-War Coalition) is so dumb, it almost makes me want to join the College Republicans. Anyways, their main isue right now is getting military recruiters off campus, which I agree with- the problem is, they go about it by staging riots. Seriously, the campus police pepper-sprayed one kid. Honestly, its understandable, when you consider that the police were only there to protect the few College Republicans there to protest the AWC's protest, and the AWC kids were basically charging the police line. Oh well, at least I'm glad I wasn't at UMass (the college where I'm going once I graduate from this community college, since I can't afford all four years of UMass) when the Red Sox won.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

We had a bomb threat freshman year, last year a girl I knew died in a drinking crash, a girl hung herself, and a base ball coach blew open his head, there was massive water pipe break and they were airating the school all winter long, and this year at the juneior high, my sister's freind's freind slit his wrists (My Sister>her Friend>suicide Friend My sister didn't know)