ghostly car commercial

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

I still like this one.

And this crazy jap video
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

I love that crazy Jap video.
anykey
Extreme Poster

Post by anykey »

DAMNIT!
*is stupid for falling for it AGAIN*
I think, therefore iMac
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

"Hokkiado, we have liftoff!" :lol:
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

rofl @Jim e. That almost got me, but I was expecting something, so I kept the volume low. Omg, I would have gotten in so much trouble if my parents had heard that. :lol: I love the rocketpack video. XD
bananas... o.o
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

Timendus sees mp3 file in this topic
Timendus skips to the end to find the expected loud gay remark
Timendus attempts to hear the rest of the file, but it's too soft to understand even at full volume
Timendus gives up
Timendus watches jap video, expecting a huge explosion
Timendus is quite surprised that the thing actually kinda works :)
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Why is timendus referring to himself in 3rd person? :roll:

I love how the japs have figured out a way to maintain a near perfect parabolic trajectory despite having the the rocketeer spin in circles. If I could only find my bicycle pump, I'd so want to try a smaller version at home......with my neighbors cat. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Jim e, they need a :devilflirt: :mrgreen:.
coelurus
Calc Wizard

Post by coelurus »

In one of the last episodes of Mythbusters, the 'youngsters' tried to build this man-bearing rocket (hence the location from where Jim E linked that file). It didn't work very well for them, I hope they'll make it a revisit :)
I dunno what to say, it sure looks 'funny', but those rockets can be friggin' powerful. Also, it's the initial burst of water during a very short period of time (directed immediately at the starting platform) that gives the majority of the velocity to the rocket and thus determining the parabolic trajectory. The spin will not do a lot as the power of the stream of water will have worn off just a few meters up. Hmm, we got heaps of bottles in the wardrobe...

For you guys who _want_ to listen to suspicious audio and got parents around, get headphones :wink:
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

coelurus wrote:In one of the last episodes of Mythbusters, the 'youngsters' tried to build this man-bearing rocket (hence the location from where Jim E linked that file). It didn't work very well for them, I hope they'll make it a revisit :)
I dunno what to say, it sure looks 'funny', but those rockets can be friggin' powerful. Also, it's the initial burst of water during a very short period of time (directed immediately at the starting platform) that gives the majority of the velocity to the rocket and thus determining the parabolic trajectory. The spin will not do a lot as the power of the stream of water will have worn off just a few meters up. Hmm, we got heaps of bottles in the wardrobe...
True, intial thrust probably provided the mojarity of flight, how ever considering how unbalanced in wieght this rig was, I still say it's fake. Think about it, that guy had to way about 100 lbs, and only 15 bottles providing thrust. So imagine sticking 7 pound brick to a side of a 3 liter and lauching it. There is no way that would fly straight. Just like on mythbusters it would front flip and crash.

But if I take a cat, duct tape a series of 3L bottles circling it, add some stablizers, yeah I think I could get miss kitty flying. Image
coelurus wrote:For you guys who _want_ to listen to suspicious audio and got parents around, get headphones :wink:
MUAHAHAHAHAhAHA!!!!!!! Image
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Hooray, :devilflirt: was used!!!!!!!!!!!!
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

omg, while i was thinking about how peaceful the commercial was, when.... AHHHH!
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

Yeah, I gotta let ya: I didn't even have the sound on and it kind of scared me. I was even expecting it. Maybe that made it worse.
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
threefingeredguy
Calc King

I had it turned up as per instructions then I was leaning in REEEEEALLY close to see the ghost car, then BAM! I felt my heart stop. I showed it to my brother while he was on his cell phone and he threw the phone and jumped out of the chair so hard it broke. It was great :mrgreen:.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

threefingeredguy wrote:I had it turned up as per instructions then I was leaning in REEEEEALLY close to see the ghost car, then BAM! I felt my heart stop. I showed it to my brother while he was on his cell phone and he threw the phone and jumped out of the chair so hard it broke. It was great :mrgreen:.
Glad our efforts weren't in vain. :mrgreen:
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image