Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

I did.
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

Opera sucks, FF sucks, Netscape 4 is the best fwwhahaha...
I still have the black link though I dunno what it's good for anymore... I dont have a TI-83+... maybe when I get back to the states i'll see if the 83+ Graphlink works on the 84+ :wink:
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Opera is great and i havent ever tested graphlink with the 84+ ... ticonnect seems to work ok, although it is extremely slow.

Though ticonnect likes to install its shortcuts when i try to do certain things sometimes ... stupid thing.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

Yeah, it does that if you delete or move them.... I've found it's best to just leave the damn things where it puts them so it doesn't pop up and annoy you at inopportune times.
ImageImage
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

tr1p1ea wrote:Opera is great and i havent ever tested graphlink with the 84+ ... ticonnect seems to work ok, although it is extremely slow.

Though ticonnect likes to install its shortcuts when i try to do certain things sometimes ... stupid thing.
Had a firewall on, AV on, and a stupid IRC trojan slipped through into my laptop THROUGH Opera. Clever bastard, since you need to allow access to and from the internet that worm has a 100% chance to get in without anything stopping it...

Becuase of that i'm never using Opera again.
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

How can you be 100% certain that Opera was to blame? Either way i dont mind what you use ... as longas it isnt ie :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

currahee wrote:
tr1p1ea wrote:Opera is great and i havent ever tested graphlink with the 84+ ... ticonnect seems to work ok, although it is extremely slow.

Had a firewall on, AV on, and a stupid IRC trojan slipped through into my laptop THROUGH Opera. Clever bastard, since you need to allow access to and from the internet that worm has a 100% chance to get in without anything stopping it...

Becuase of that i'm never using Opera again.
(my emphasis)

Well, were you using Opera's IRC module? Regardless, your IRC client should prompt you before accepting a file transfer, and it shouldn't run the file without you telling it to. I'm fairly certain that Opera is clean on both counts.
ImageImage
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

Then again here's my argument: Why would I accept a file transfer from a public room with people I don't know?