Calcsys as a memory editor :)

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Calcsys as a memory editor :)

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

A few weeks ago I got bored in my Geometry class.
So I take out my calculator and notice that I have TVF (The Verdanta Forest), and I am level one on it.
So I play it. In a week I got to act 7, and only at level 22. I leveled up 3 times, then I got extremly bored. I decided to fool around with a Calcsys. I remembered that my Lelani's HP was 278. So I used omnicalc convert("278", 10,16) , got 116 as a result. Next I unarchived TVFmain and archived all chapters. Then I looked at TVFmain data location, then used the goto, went to data locations, then used the 16bit search, entered 0116, it found 2 of them which I changed to 0555.
Imagine my surprise when my calculator didnt freeze, didnt reset, and my Lelani actually had 1265 HP!. I was extremly surprised that we now can "cheat" in Calcsys :o
Life is getting better.
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

Dude, that's nothing... I've been using calcsys to hack around like that for years....
ImageImage
Gambit
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Gambit »

Yeah, all the assembly games, unless its encrypted (which I doubt), store their data in plain hex. It's just a matter of finding that offset :) Heh, even more fun is showing your friends that you got 60K on ZTris and see their reaction, or .... :twisted:
"If SOURCE is outlawed, only outlaws will have SOURCE."
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Or creating your own sprites :wink: . Better not let Hays get a hold of this, they could churn out lots of crap.
Dwedit
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Dwedit »

Getting 60k in Ztris is nothing. Overflowing the score twice is.
You know your hexadecimal output routine is broken when it displays the character 'G'.
DarkerLine
Calc Wizard

Post by DarkerLine »

A year ago I used CalcSys to completely edit Phoenix, changing the icon, the menus, the high score system (in a negative way - there was now only one score), the graphics, the weapons (I actually changed the way two of the weapons work), and made the X-var key switch from black-on-white to white-on-black (and back). And of course give myself the high score.

Those were the days...
just try to be nice to people.