[TI BASIC] Emulator and rom image problem

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

spy

[TI BASIC] Emulator and rom image problem

Post by spy »

I'm new to programming on TI calculators but i find it very interesting! I have a TI-84 + SE. I heard about calc emulators and i downloaded one: Vti 2.5 beta, but i don't know how to make a rom image of my calc... and i believ that uploading your rom on the internet is illigal.. So just tell me please how to make this freaking image :)
I am russian, my english is not good, sorry.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Not programming help related. Moved.

P.s.: For those wo are going to reply; no illegal rom talk please...
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fi ... 37341.html

Note that VTI doesn't support the 84+... You'll need something like TilEm http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fi ... 37211.html
ImageImage
spy

Post by spy »

Thanks, AndySoft. Now i am confused about this emulator. i'm using windows and don't know how to run the program... :(
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

To be honest, I haven't had time yet to go mess with TilEm... Well, more like I'm too lazy.
ImageImage
Gambit
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Gambit »

Hello spy :D

TilEm needs the GTK+ runtime environment for its operation, so you'll need to install it first. In the TilEm readme, there should be an installer package link that goes something like http://glade... (note: link does not work, I just don't want to go looking right now :P). Install that first, then unzip TilEm to your favorite directory, put the .rom there (as specified in the TilEm readme), and run TilEm from the bin directory :)

side note: rom8x needs an update ... :x

edit: If you have win98, you might have some problems with the theme selector - check the ticalc.org news article for the solution.
"If SOURCE is outlawed, only outlaws will have SOURCE."
spy

Post by spy »

Hi Gambit !
I am not a dummy (about the link to Glade :) )
I have winXP so i guess the theme selector wouldn't be a problem...

Why does rom8x need an update? Is something wrong with it? i'm just asking because i used it...
--------------------------------
eh.. i have installed GTK, and when i run the TilEM, it says that it can not find blablabla.dll, but i can find all of the documents tilem asks for in the GTK directory...
Am i suppose to install GTK in the same directory as TilEM?
Gambit
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Gambit »

Hmm, it looks like the GTK+ wasn't added to your path (I had this exact problem initially on my 98 computer). Odd, it added it fine for me on this XP computer. Since you have an NT computer, you need to add it to your environmental variables (NOT autoexec.bat). But before you try the below, try uninstalling GTK+, rebooting, and installing again. Otherwise, continue:

NOTE: BE CAREFUL WHEN PERFORMING THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE!

* Open up "System Properties" and go to your "Advanced" tab.
* Select "Environmental Variables."
* In the "System Variables" (NOT "User Variables"), add a "New" value, GTK_BASEPATH, and tell it to point to your GTK install directory (probably C:\PROGRA~1\GTK).
* Then, edit your PATH and put %GTK_BASEPATH%\bin; in front of what is already in it.

So in the end, it should look something like the following:

If it already looks like the above, then I don't know what's up :/ Also not sure about the PANGO thing...

About rom8x, it does what it's supposed to do at the present, but there's a feature that the author wants to put in but can't because he is excessively lazy and unmotivated :roll:
"If SOURCE is outlawed, only outlaws will have SOURCE."
spy

Post by spy »

yep, GTK is already there :(
i tried to copy every *.dll that tilem needs, but it didn't help...
Arrr. I guess this is my fortune :) oh well