TIMM on the TI-84+

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

NeoScriptor

TIMM on the TI-84+

Post by NeoScriptor »

I don't know about anyone else (Except a few people at ticalc) that had this problem, but whenever I create a movie with TIMM, I get a variable error when I send it to my calc. I figured that I'd mess with it, and I got it to work. It's a long method of doing it, and eventually it will just be a program, but I have made this so that other TI-84+ users don't miss out on this cool opportunity.

Check it out at: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fi ... 37533.html
~"In a 32-bit world, you're a 2-bit user."-Weird Al Yankovich~
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Note: It's not a bug in TIMM, as such.
It's a bug in that Godawful piece of rubbish TI-Connect. :(
FastLink, TiLP or even the official TI-GraphLink will all send the files happily. TI-Connect is the bane of my existence!
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

Actually, this method will work with problems in sending any files like those output by TIMM with TI-Connect. The problem lies in TI-Connect's incompatibility with the bin2var assembler's output. Using a different assembler, such as Asm Studio or Devpac, will output a file that will work with TI-Connect, provided you have the source code to re-assemble in the first place. (Btw Ben, thanks for fixing that in TIVID 2).

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

I have a VB.NET class that I wrote for loading/saving 8XP files. Maybe I should write a command-line tool that will load/save a file? The file saving routine is tight and compatible with TI-Connect...
lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

where exactly do you get TIMM? ive been searching for it...