Ti-Connect Help

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Treefrog

Ti-Connect Help

Post by Treefrog »

Wasn't sure where to post this, but...

My Connect seems to have been erased from my computer. When I go to reinstall, however, it says it still exists. It asks me to uninstall, but then proceeds to say it can't be found. :x

Any suggestions?
mnc2fan
Extreme Poster

Post by mnc2fan »

Try to find it in you program files on compy. If the ti connect program files aren't there I don't know what to say, if they are there see if the .exe file is there, or working. If it is try to repair the installation. If you don't know how to do that, go to add/remove program thing in window controll panel, and find it on the list and repair the install. Other than that don't know what to tell you
Treefrog

Post by Treefrog »

I couldn't find the exe file, even with google desktop. The add/remove told me that it didn't exist, and deleted the entry from the list.

This could be bad. :(
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

If it didn't exist then removing it from the list was the right thing to do. Obviously it was deleted in some other way. Just reinstall.
Last edited by CoBB on Sun 04 Sep, 2005 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
mnc2fan
Extreme Poster

Post by mnc2fan »

Where are you installing the connect from disc or from download file. Don't use the disc, download the new ti connect from

TI Connect

It should let you install it over the older version, and if that doesn't work for you I just can't help...
:(
Treefrog

Post by Treefrog »

I'll try to get it off the website when I go back home.
Treefrog

Post by Treefrog »

Well, I downloaded off of the site, and it still won't uninstall mine. Could someone host the file I need? I believe it's "ti-connect/unwise.exe". Not sure about the hyphen.

:(
mnc2fan
Extreme Poster

Post by mnc2fan »

Sounds stupid but just install it on a floppy drive from a different computer. If it fits it should allow you to use the program off the floppy. If it doesn't fit on a floppy, burn the installed program to a disk from a different computer. From what I've read even if someone gives you the uninstall program, it won't be able to find the files to remove.

You know try to do a registry repair on you pc I don't have the regedit program (which I think is the best program for doing that) if you can find the program on the net I'll give you the key for it if I can pull it out of the copy I have.

But try the floppy, and then the CD if the floppy is to small. Tell us how it works out for you. Good luck :wink: :wink:
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

mnc2fan wrote:I don't have the regedit program
Yes you do. %SYSTEMROOT%\regedit.exe.
ImageImage