DS or PSP?

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Which do think is better, the Nintendo DS or the Playstation Portable?

Poll ended at Fri 31 Dec, 2004 7:11 am

DS! Go Nintendo!
92%
PSP! I love supreme graphics!
4%
I don't like portables, or just not these..
4%

Total votes: 24

DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

DS or PSP?

Post by DarkAuron »

I'm up for the DS, and getting one for christmas. My mom told me ><
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I also voted for DS.

Although the psp is a good piece of hardware, i dont believe it allows for the same amount of innovation that the DS does. Coupled with the fact that i have heard some bad things about the psp's battery life.

The DS is just too cool! :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

I just like nintendo more than sony, and the DS had way more possibilities because of the touch screen and stuff.

The PSP functions that the DS doesn't have are kind of useless too:
-Movies, on a handheld? Are you kidding? Buy a DVD player and a TV!
-MP3, the PSP is about 10 times bigger than most mp3 players...
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

I voted also for the DS. I already got one, but that's not the reason. I owned all GB's released... EVER. And as far as I can see, Nintendo does a great job on the handhald market. However, I am not really convinced by the DS line-up at the moment... only Mario64 is really intresting
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

I vote DS to but mainly because of the games that will be released for it. But then I am still more pro GBA.

PSP's games will look better then DS but probably not the cool stories.
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

As Microsoft experienced with their Xbox and probably will never learn (since the XB2 is jacked up with high end hardware), hardware and graphics are not everything.
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Yeah, the DS brings innovation and new things. The PSP brings nothing new at all, except fancy hardware that people somehow just 'love'. Blargh, DS all the way! :D
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

ds

Post by Patori »

I voted DS. I saw the game list, I've played on one; I LIKE IT.
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
Calv!n.n0.1

Post by Calv!n.n0.1 »

I voted DS. In the long run, the DS will out do the PSP.

As my pal kv mentioned, the DS dos not have any good titles out right now, except Mario64 DS. All I currently have is the Metroid demo (which is amazing INHO). I'm holding out till some of the other great titles are coming out. Xenosaga, Baten Kaitos, Metroid Hunters, FF III, FF Crystal Cronicles, etc.

The DS just has so much going for it already. Also, if you have out on the ds.ign boards, you should have heard that Nintendo is going to realease a TV Tuner for the DS, as well as compatability for the DS to play mp3s as well as MPEG4 files. I cannot wait for that as well as online play. I'm going to rip all my movies/vids so I can watch them on my DS. w00t!
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

That depends. It could be the whole Playstation 2 and Xbox scenario all over again. Except nintendo's DS being the PS2 this time and the Xbox being the PSP. But even with people being lured into the Xbox now, the PS2 still remains strong because of it's games. Maybe it might be the same for the case of the DS.
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Well I voted for the DS. I have been a die hard Nintendo fan from the beginning. I had the original game boy, nes, snes, color gameboy, GBA, n64, and now the GBA SP. I have had them all at one time currently I have the snes, GB color and GBA SP. I love the old games and the old systems. Though recently, once my mom got me a PS for my birthday about 4-6 years ago, I fell in love with that little piece of hardware. Then when I saved up my money for two years hoping the price of the PS2 would go down and it never did so I bought one for $300 bucks. Than like a couple months later it dropped to $200! :P I have always had faith in Nintendo, I was a little skeptical of the touchscreen and the dual screens at first. Of course Nintendo was never one to shy away from outrageous things, the DS not being an exception. I finally got my hands on one last night...and played around with the Metroid demo. I must say I was damn impressed!

I voted for the DS simply because of the innovation of the Dual screens. (Which I have yet to see full implemented) There can be some truly great games that can come out of this, and there will be. Some more reasons and probably the reasons why I would buy this over a PSP, are this: The price affordable, the design nice and comfortable (buttons aren't cramped and spaced well), the advancement unigue, and I actuall could play one, all of these things combined have swayed me towards throwing $150 bucks down on a handheld that I can enjoy having and playing without worry. :D
The Revolution is here...
BetaSword-GuestMode

Post by BetaSword-GuestMode »

DS. But then again, I currently own one. So yeah.

But basically... DS will be SUPREME for First-Person Shooter games. Just look at Metroid Prime:Hunters. That game controls so incredibly well... You can't get that type of control with a d-pad or analog stick... Not that kind of precision or anything. Plus, the game looks great. Sure, there might not be that many games out for it now... And not all of them may look the best... But these are all first generation games, folks. Look at first generation PS2 games versus PS2 games now. Slight difference, no? Just excerise some patience, and it'll all turn out well.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Got my Christmas DS, it's schweeet. Gonna get super mario 64 DS tomorrow :)
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Awesome, i cant wait until its released here! :). I will be getting one asap ... i cant wait for mario kart, animal crossing, mp: hunters etc.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
currahee
Calc Wizard

Re: DS or PSP?

Post by currahee »

DarkAuron wrote:I'm up for the DS, and getting one for christmas. My mom told me ><
And played with it as a consequence of her actions before christmas :wink: :roll: :twisted: