[Staff][Dev] Project Dark

Here you can find side projects of the staff and great projects which we think should get extra support. (Note that featured projects are not projects by staff members of MaxCoderz)

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Aight, dawg. 8)

But I probably won't work on any more details because I don't want to stray any more away from Tankies. I need to FINISH Tankies.. grar. :evil: Havn't been in the mood to do anything lately though. *sigh* :P
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

I've decided to give this project a codename for now so I can call it something other than 'the project coming up' or whatever. So since details are still in the shadows and I plan on having the story being a bit dark, I'll call it Project Dark for now.
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

'Dark' is the synonym of 'stupid' in Hungarian slang. :lol:
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

wow....4 pages for a hypothetical project. It does sound cool though.
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

@CoBB: In the US we say "dim" for stupid, it's probably related.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Just a little heads up, my ISP's user servers are down for a bit, so any files or images from my site are inaccessable. Once you see my avatar again that means it's up. Until then I can't show anything new unless I get a small free server that allows outside linking, which basically means nothing. :P Not a big deal though, I just got a new animation that I made and I was going to change it to my avatar but meh.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

My god, more hype than I expected..
http://calcwebzine.com/index.php?option ... iew&id=156
http://www.ti-news.net/conglomerateview.php?id=00001141
http://s7.invisionfree.com/Omnimaga/ind ... c=551&st=0&

All the same article but they're all over the place. I didn't ask for that, oh well. I'll try not to disappoint y'all when I start it off. I'm not going to be going totally solo on this either, like I had already said. Tankies is priority, just.. I won't force myself to work on it, otherwise I might end up hating it :P
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

this is because its too promising Image

EDIT: btw could you email me the pictures in Zip format (the ones in the newsitems) because I dont want to wait several weeks to u^pdate the broken pictures links on m,y website (I know your server will be down for a while)
ImageImageImageImage
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Actually I talked with the techs and they said my server should be up tomorrow and no later.
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

cool, and I like your new avatar :)
ImageImageImageImage
Duck
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Duck »

lloydkirk1989 wrote:wow....4 pages for a hypothetical project. It does sound cool though.
Yes, hypothizing is fun to do, but it doesnt have much to do with the actual creation of a program. Investing too much time in hypothizing usually leads to less to or no results.
I like the idea of creating a game in iterations. First iteration should create a minimal but working and fun game. Following iterations implement more and more features, where every iteration should produce a playable and releasable game.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Duck wrote:
lloydkirk1989 wrote:wow....4 pages for a hypothetical project. It does sound cool though.
Yes, hypothizing is fun to do, but it doesnt have much to do with the actual creation of a program. Investing too much time in hypothizing usually leads to less to or no results.
I like the idea of creating a game in iterations. First iteration should create a minimal but working and fun game. Following iterations implement more and more features, where every iteration should produce a playable and releasable game.
Problem is that without setting a finish line, you will keep making iterations, which results in a unfinished project, like Corbin ;)
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

hey KV, speaking of unfinished projects COUGH*BATTLECARDS*COUGH
Duck
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Duck »

True, true, Thats what I learned while making Corbin. Plus, I wasnt nearly experienced enough when I started it resulting in VERY BAD first iterations and a program structure that is overly complex, uneasy to read, unlogical and hard to extend on.
Thats why I did it so completely different with Mario. I worked on mario for only 3 weeks which produced the currently available download. You could see it as a first iteration, minus an acceptable level design :p
(We're getting OT here... I'll shutup after this.)
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

I come back after a few weeks of absence and this is what I find. DA is back and with a fresh new idea that will push the calc in ways I really haven't seen before, and if I have they weren't done correctly. Awesome news DA, glad to have you and this project here! :wink:
The Revolution is here...