MaxCoderz Episode VI: Return of the Hitoshi

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

ISUCK
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by ISUCK »

wow, last time i remember him coming back was him posting a comment on one of the news items saying he played ff11
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

An awsome demo doesn't prove it is Hitoshi...
Shaun
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

Well, I'm not on my home comp so I haven't tested the demo, only seen Kevin's screenshot - but the demo didn't seem all that impressive from the screenie. I guess it is impressive in comparison to the old standards of Basic games- the pre-Kevin standards- but there are now a rather large number of Basic games with graphics that make FFTOM3's graphics pale in comparison. But hey, no offense- I'll reserve my judgement until I see more of the game, as I recall that it was always the movies of the FFTOM series that were truly revolutionary. Plus, this wouuld have been incredible for the time it was first started. But just to see how far basic has gone, I invite you to feast your eyes on these:

Mine:

Kevin's:

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
Throwaway Identity

Post by Throwaway Identity »

i doubt because so far no staff have taken notice of this thread (that i have seen)...
Sypher Games: TBA :(
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

I don't know....something about this seems so cheesy :roll:
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

And fake? Yeah....
Shaun
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

I always heard that Hitoshi was a relativly reserved and mature person. Most japanese are like that too...calm. This guy is talking like his smoking marijuana out of a water bottle...weird. Also he hasn't realy defended his identity against our questioning comments.
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

Blahblahblah, give the guy a break people... Difficult experiences can change a man. A lot. And even if he is fake, what's there to lose by trusting him? Afraid people will laugh at you? Please don't be so childish.

I say; welcome back Hitoshi, good luck with your personal life, and nice to have a good programmer back in our midst!
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS
arti

Post by arti »

I am impressed by the massive talent present in the TI community. :)
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Yeah I agree that BASIC have been taken to an insane degree, but keep in mind that the last update before this one was in april 2003 and BASIC tools improved a lot since then (Omnicalc, xLIB, EBL, zCopy, etc) and allow faster BASIC games than before

I think the attitude in this topic is very childish, I never though that people would welcome someone like that
i doubt because so far no staff have taken notice of this thread (that i have seen)...
its because they are afk

I'm not sure if it's him or someone who stolen him the demo and released it but I think its him because his last year post on the old forum was looking similar to this one and with the way he wrote his FFTOM readmes I can tell it's hitoshi who posted this and on a side note, maybe he take marijuana and drugs so he might have been under their effect while posting this.

Maybe a small plan file update would be nice though, last updat eis back in april 2003

What I want to say is to give him a chance, if I would leave the TI community for 2 years and during that time the forums would get hacked and I would come back later, registering a new account on the new forums and being welcomed like that I would feel like leaving again
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
Throwaway Identity

Post by Throwaway Identity »

i'm all for giving him a chance to prove himself. and i didn't mean to offend anyone...

but a plan file update would be nice.

also, what would you have to gain by imitating him? instand mc membership, duh :roll:
Sypher Games: TBA :(
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

also, what would you have to gain by imitating him? instand mc membership, duh
nothing , it might be just someone thinking its still april fools day and have nothing else to do than foolling people

lets stop all this now and lets welcome him back ina more civil way and keep us posted hitoshi :)

(on a side note to everyone, dont be surprised if he doesnt post in a while, he said ina earlier post he have to go work 12 hrs in a row so it might take one or two days before he post again)
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
MetalHead25
Extreme Poster

Post by MetalHead25 »

i don't think it really matters if that is the real Hitoshi as long as he is working on the game and its good

BTW:Hitoshi:The screnies were nice. Keep up the good work
I WORSHIP THOSE WHO LIKE METAL

'MY OTHER RIDE IS YOUR MOM....'
ImageJeff Hanneman-Slayer (1991 Black Magic Video)
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

dysfunction wrote:Well, I'm not on my home comp so I haven't tested the demo, only seen Kevin's screenshot - but the demo didn't seem all that impressive from the screenie. I guess it is impressive in comparison to the old standards of Basic games- the pre-Kevin standards- but there are now a rather large number of Basic games with graphics that make FFTOM3's graphics pale in comparison. But hey, no offense- I'll reserve my judgement until I see more of the game, as I recall that it was always the movies of the FFTOM series that were truly revolutionary. Plus, this wouuld have been incredible for the time it was first started. But just to see how far basic has gone, I invite you to feast your eyes on these:

Mine:

Kevin's:

How about this:
Bryan Thomas didn't use a single library for this basic platformer. Even Kevin admits that Bryan can do better basic than him :shock:
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

yay hitoshi! welcome back...!
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...