Pongwars

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Pongwars

Post by koolmansam375 »

Some of you may remeber how bonafide noob had started a variation on pong that was still in an early beta before he decided to work on kirby. It has been a long time since he worked on his pong game (called pongblasta on ticalc) and hasnt been active in the ti community for some time.

I am trying to make a version similar to bonafides with powerups and shooting the other player and such.

I emailed bonafide a couple days ago asking if I could look at his source file but i havent heard anything from him.

Well now I am trying to work on the ball bouncing by itself and colliding with the paddles. Then I will work on the shooting and AI.

I will mainly post progress here but i will post some updates here too

EDIT: url points to correct location now
Last edited by koolmansam375 on Sun 15 May, 2005 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pongwars shall live!

blog is down atm. :-(

Post by Guest »

Just an update.

Not much progresss. L-Mans code that he posted was lost when the forum crashed and all the stuff was lost.

Havent been able to code much 'cause of exams but now theyre over and i can have more time for coding.
L-Man

Post by L-Man »

i can resend it to you if you want koolmansam375?
i know i have a ton of stuff to do too, but dont give up on youre game! :D
visit www.PRGMERz.tk
Lookng For new Members.
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

L-Man wrote:i can resend it to you if you want koolmansam375?
i know i have a ton of stuff to do too, but dont give up on youre game! :D
Yea can you resend it to me? either post it on the forum or to my email which is samstar89 (at) comcast (dot) net

And I havent given up! I finished the paddle movement (which albeit isnt that big of a deal seeing as its so easy :D ) and im working on the laser shooting (which i think i implemented :/ ) and the healthbar (which i implemented like 1/2 of it)

I should be able to demo at least the features that are working (which wont be that many) by sometime today

Pongwars shall live!

koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

double post but heres some updates:

I have the ball movement fixed (thanks to unknown one) and i also fixed the laser shooting and health bar.

Now i need to work on the collision detection (which i need help with as shown in the programming help topic) and later AI and then add whatever else to the game :) .

Expect a screenie within the week (maybe)

Pongwars shall live!

Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

updates?
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

I dunno if it will ever be updated again, last post is back in february and Electroshock Programing seems to be dead. I hope it's still under developpemnt though
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
Gambit
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Gambit »

Heh, this game reminds me of BattlePong... :P

I hope to see this still under development too :)
"If SOURCE is outlawed, only outlaws will have SOURCE."
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

wha!? (reminiscent of Jim Deickmanns (sp?) reaction) People are still interested? Hmm. Sadly I have not coded for about a month now :-( . I am trying to get back into z80 and will hopefull start again this weekend ('cuz thats when ill have time to code see? :-) )

Aye tho, Es does appear to be dead :-( . Ill keep it alive somehow :-/

Pongwars shall live!

Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

need help.?

Prepares to register....
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

Patori wrote:need help.?

Prepares to register....
Sure. we could use all the help we can get! :-D

Pongwars update! :
Im getting back into coding and am working on Pongwars again! I still have to add powerups and would like suggestions for powerups. Currently i am planning to include powerups that

-add a second ball
-restore 1 section of health

One powerup that I CANNOT do is the one that makes the paddles longer. They are already 16 pixels tall as it is.

Thank you and please provide some suggestions for some powerups! I will do my best to add them!

Also I am planning on rewriting sections of the code to make them better and more efficient so I do not know when Pongwars will be released.

Pongwars shall live!

lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

This is great news kms. :D Look forward to seeing some progress.