[Staff] Senilym: Owt is RELEASED!

Here you can find side projects of the staff and great projects which we think should get extra support. (Note that featured products are not products of MaxCoderz)

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

VERY NICE INDEED DarkAuron, i found the easter egg and after a little while i went O_O i know what this is! Sweet!

Excellent work :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

HOT NEWS FLASH

Senilym: Owt continues to be worked on, and amazing feats have been performed! Footage of semi-fast 2D rotation in TI-BASIC without the aide of trig calculations has been released to the public, which you may see here!

It is said that the recording was on a ti-83+SE, and that additional info of its purpose will be concealed until its final release. Rumor has it that it will be key feature of Senilym: Owt, and may visually change in the future!

A recap of the Senilym: Owt project's previous screengrabs:

Image Image
Image Image

In other news, a recording of Senilym (Final) has finally been made, but due to program limitations it is a bit fast and choppy, but nonetheless existant, as shown here:

Further news ahead, until then you may watch horrible commercials.
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Erm, it doesnt quite run that fast for me unless i uncheck 'restrict calculator to actual speed' (in VTI anyway).

Nice rotation stuff btw, i have something similar for 3D in ti-basic which didnt need trig either ... something like (for around y axis):

x = (( z + ( x * 10 )) / 10 )
z = ((( z * 10 ) - x ) / 10 )

Was faster, but it doesnt work right in asm ... plus it skews the coords a little.

How does your work?
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

Wow...nice to see such progress and cool screenies
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

I think I've just about got the effects done in Senilym: Owt. Some of them are a bit similar as static pictures but they update to the screen differently. I've got the sequences split up into different files, as I create new ones in their own files as I go along. Now all I need to do is put them together and add a few minor effects, as well as text.

I'm also trying to figure out what I should categorize Senilym (Final) under at ticalc.org..
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

DarkAuron wrote:I think I've just about got the effects done in Senilym: Owt. Some of them are a bit similar as static pictures but they update to the screen differently. I've got the sequences split up into different files, as I create new ones in their own files as I go along. Now all I need to do is put them together and add a few minor effects, as well as text.

I'm also trying to figure out what I should categorize Senilym (Final) under at ticalc.org..
graphic/misc programs?
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

No.. I mean each sequence is in a seperate file, like the intro section of Senilym, where it creates the random lines? That's an independant program. The waterdrop scene? That's another independant program. I make seperate programs for each section so I only have one effect per program, and it's more organized that way. Also I can reuse some of the code and manipulate it.

If I had everything in one big file, I'd have to rewatch everything (or constantly change labels and gotos) everytime I wanted to make a change. AND if for some reason (this HAS happened) I press On to stop the program and the TI-OS decides to clear RAM for no reason, I won't lose EVERYTHING.

Once I have all the effects that please me, I put them all together in one big file called SENILYM or something ;) Then add the little extra things like text and mini effects.. then boom, I have a release.

Also I'm trying to figure out whch category I should fit Senilym under at ticalc.org. I shouldn't have to care about ratings and such but if I put it under animations, it wouldn't have any statistics at all. I don't know why that is.. if they're going to go and do that for animations, which are usually better, might as well do the same to the TI-BASIC games folder *cough*

Senilym (Final) is packaged with the original version, the Final version, a readme, and the animated screenshot (with minor adjustments) all nice and tucked in a zip file. All I have to do is click and submit..
Last edited by DarkAuron on Thu 12 May, 2005 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

a little slow, but that's ok :bunny:
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Okay, I've uploaded Senilym (Final) to ticalc.org just now, so it should be up shortly. A copy of it can also be found here

All that's new is a crazy readme file and the same animated screenshot that plays the frames at 1/3rd the speed (or 3x longer, whichever you prefer).

Edit: Now it's on ticalc.org. :P
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Double post but theres a week gap of time, so.. eh :P

Senilym: Owt is still being worked on. I've started up a new menu engine that runs off the graph screen instead of the homescreen, so I have a bit more room to play with.

One nice thing I plan on doing is making two versions: a 6mhz version and a 15mhz version (I say this in regard of the ti-84 series). They won't be dramatically different but the 6mhz version will have length changes so certain sequences or time inbetween each one isn't too drawn out, and thus will bring a greater atmosphere. Also by doing this I'll save some battery power out there in the world :)

All I've got to do now is stitch the sequences into the main program, bring in the menu system with proper jump labels and such, and create a few more blending effects to go inbetween the sequences. Getting the sanity to do it all is tough though :) Oh, and the sequence names are even stranger in Owt.

[/weekly update, and whatnot]
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Owt.. is out! </rhyme> Clicky and enjoy.

Please note this is a 15mhz version, and a 6mhz version is underway, but may take awhile as there are many, MANY length changes I'd need to make.

As always, report any bugs you think you might have found. There is no easter egg this time, however there is a teaser.. tee-hee. :twisted:
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Wow! That is awesome DarkAuron!

I wont give away any spoilers but it is indeed very sweet! :).

*applause* *cheering* *applause*

:ninja: :excited: :ninja:.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

So anyone found any bugs, or at least viewed it? ;)
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

no but I got a seizure O_O
ImageImageImageImage
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

Nice program, DA, you must have a lot of free time...
Shaun