[TI BASIC] NoobTastic

Got questions? Got answers? Go here for both.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

FuzzyD

[TI BASIC] NoobTastic

Post by FuzzyD »

I'm a TOTAL FREEKIN NOOB at programming, Especially in TASM
the most i have done in BASIC is to make a Slot machine program, a simple drawing program (that my little brother is in love with), and a sniper game. I have looked at what was supposed to be the 'Best ASM tutorial on the Net!' and couldn't begin to understand what it was talking about (i also was electronically bitch-slapped in the DetachedS forums).
I Desperately want to learn both these languages much better, and i need a GOOD tutorial to build a Modest-to-hard level game and explain what is going on as it happens. i catch on pretty fast to stuff like that and taught myself HTML and Javascript. (can't quite get the hang of actionscript)
Anyone??
Go away because thats where i am.
maybe you can find me there.
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Did you try this one yet? :D If you still don't get it, try looking at other people's code to figure it out. Pick a simple game with a lot of comments and open the .z80 or .asm file in notepad. Also, you could try EZasm. I didn't like it very much, but it might work for you.
bananas... o.o
Spencer
Extreme Poster

Post by Spencer »

http://joepnet.com/hosted/maxcoderz/php ... .php?t=329
I pasted the source to a simple shooter with everything commented. Apparently for TI-83+ only.
FuzzyD

Post by FuzzyD »

I Actually dowloaded that entire tutiorial from... I think BasicCoderz site about a year and a half Ago. i didn't understand it then, but i also didn't understand anything then. :roll: i'll try it again though. thank you both
i think the shooter will massively help. also, can anyone explain to me what a tilemap is? and how to use a sprite and smaller pictures than the entire graph screen in games. Thanks
Go away because thats where i am.
maybe you can find me there.
That_One_Guy

Post by That_One_Guy »

hey fuzz, we're in the same boat here. None of the tutorials i've read helped me much. But BASIC, i can probably help you there. Admittedly, im not as good as i could be, but im not bad either.
Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.

http://www.xanga.com/jakku_kun, rants by me.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

BASIC is alright, bt being able to weild ASM gives you power!

HAHAHAHAHAHA! </Insane Laugh>.

*runs away*
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »