Site problem: Not handling cookies properly

New to maxcoderz forum? Go here first!

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

DJ_O
Calc King

Re: Site problem: Not handling cookies properly

Post by DJ_O »

benryves wrote:I never understood that banner, personally, though the one with the walking Samus sprite was indeed excellent. :)

I don't remember the one used on the Mambo site, though, and don't remember the URL so can't do any digging in web.archive.org.

I agree that putting up the old products would be a good move. I'll need to liaise with the other staff members over how we do this and what sort of information is provided.
This Chrono banner was because Tom Dupont (I think) was working on a Chrono Trigger clone in TI-BASIC, back then. The other half of the banner was about Ashgan: Shadows of the Past. I did not find MC until the Chrono banner, but through the wayback machine, you can notice that in Early 2002 the entire banner was like the right side and it said "Ashgan: Shadows of the Past" soon to be released on it.
ImageImageImageImage
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

I remember that banner, though I was not part of the community yet..I miss the old days boys, and girl (xeda)
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

DJ Omnimaga wrote:This Chrono banner was because Tom Dupont (I think) was working on a Chrono Trigger clone in TI-BASIC, back then. The other half of the banner was about Ashgan: Shadows of the Past. I did not find MC until the Chrono banner, but through the wayback machine, you can notice that in Early 2002 the entire banner was like the right side and it said "Ashgan: Shadows of the Past" soon to be released on it.
Ah, I'm not familiar with Chrono Trigger; it makes more sense now, though, thanks! :-)
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Do you mean the calc game or the actual SNES Chrono Trigger Ben? For shame if you don't know the SNES version....ha but it is a great game, probably the only RPG I ever actually liked.
The Revolution is here...
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

I don't know the SNES version. I've not played on the SNES or NES. Two can play at that game, though - what would you say had this been in the banner?
jsw.jpg
jsw.jpg (22.76 KiB) Viewed 25235 times
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Is that dirty harry? lol
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

It's Miner Willy. :)

It's a shame the calculator screen is too low-resolution to handle flick-screen games, as there are some classic games that could be used for inspiration for calculator versions.
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Ah the ZX Spectrum, never had one of those. You got me ha. I saw Jet Set Willy was released for the iPhone.
The Revolution is here...