Back in business

New to maxcoderz forum? Go here first!

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Back in business

Post by kv83 »

Hello, and welcome all back to our new board. Sorry for the mess, but we're back now on a new server which hopefully will be better than the last one.

We have good and bad news. The good news is that all posts were saved. I even recreated the search index again, which means the search should now find all posts (even those which were not findable before we moved! :D)

The bad news is that all files have been lost. This means that all avatars don't work. Also the smilies and the template is gone (as you might've noticed). I installed some themes you can choose. I think this one looks the most pleasing on the eyes, so set it to default.

We decided to migrate right away to phpBB3, which enables everyone to use new feature's, like attachements :)

There "can" be some problems with "some" accounts, so if you can't login anymore use the "forgot password" option or contact one of the admins (kv83, tr1p1ea or benryves) through mail/irc.

Big thanks to ben who actually had a backup of all posts! Cheers!
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Re: Back in business

Post by benryves »

Hurrah! It sure feels good to be back! ;-)

Edit: As you may have noticed the logo has mysteriously changed to the old one. I'm attempting to restore other bits as I find them (so far, only two smilies seem to have survived the ordeal). I can restore the old skin if you'd rather have that, though I do kinda like this new one. :)

Edit 2: Make that 15 smilies. If anyone has any relevant backups it would be nice to restore the missing files. (I tried to restore some avatars as well but they don't seem to be as easy as dropping a file into the right directory).
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Yes yes... I like the new one aswell, so I guess we can stick with that. Though the smilies look a bit ... pixeled :P guess they weren't used to darker backgrounds hehe... well, for starters it's better than nothing... AND I might change them later.

Good job ben! If someone else has smilies or other relevant things, please post them here!

Edit: I cleaned up some smilies... the non-animated :)
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Thanks for tidying up those images! :) I'll have a hunt around my old computer disk at some point to see if I have any of the remaining smilies (before I had internet access on my own machine I used to save interesting threads as .mhts for offline perusal, and still had some backed up on an SD card).
driesguldolf
Extreme Poster

Post by driesguldolf »

Oh, I like it :D

Btw, about the smileys:
http://sml-world.com/
Has some very VERY sweet smileys :P
About wrote:The smileys on the site are free for personal use, if you find a smiley set you wanted to use contact me to get a complete file with the smileys. You must only add a link to my site to use the smileys on your page.
^ Why isn't the quote thing working >.<
NanoWar
Extreme Poster

Post by NanoWar »

Looks good! I liked black on white more, though. Better for my eyes ;)
And the site is fast! Hosting seems to be great (and cheap!).

w/b haha

Edit: And no more coins, finally!
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

driesguldolf wrote:^ Why isn't the quote thing working >.<
Edit your post; note that "Disable BBCode" is checked. You can set your default preferences here.
NanoWar wrote:Looks good! I liked black on white more, though.
There are some other themes here if you'd rather use them, though more work has been done on getting this one working so the alternative themes are not as complete.

Edit: This theme has a few bugs that I've tried to resolve (option buttons were invisible in Opera, links in posts weren't highlighted in any way &c) so if you spot any other omissions be sure to let us know!
NanoWar
Extreme Poster

Post by NanoWar »

But then I see different themes when logged in and logged out, which annoys me.

Edit: Where is the LOGOUT-Button? Just wondering...
Spencer
Extreme Poster

Post by Spencer »

It's that big red button on the top right of the window ;)
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

The Max is back!
driesguldolf
Extreme Poster

Post by driesguldolf »

[quote="benryves"][quote="driesguldolf"]^ Why isn't the quote thing working >.<[/quote]
Edit your post; note that "Disable BBCode" is checked. You can set your default preferences [url=http://www.junemann.nl/maxcoderz/ucp.ph ... &mode=post]here[/url].
Err... I have it enabled by default, however it still doesn't want to enable bbcode...

And I can't find that checkbox >.<

This is gonna take some time to adjust... :)
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

I couldn't get it to work either. Is this "bye bye" for BB?

I also noticed only staffers have their sigs visible. Maybe it's a user permissions setting?
[edit] ...and now my sig is working.
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Hrm, I've just gone and reassigned registered user permissions on most of the forums. Maybe that will help?

Lack of a logout button is rather irritating, I'll see what one has to do to add one.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Welcome back online! Can we get quick reply back also?
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

I've cleaned up the animated emoticons and added a logout and register button to the template.
Adding a quick reply mod appears to need to do something hacky with the PHP, so I'm going to leave that for someone a bit braver. ;)

Edit: Found the better ;) emoticon and, more importantly, :bunny: this guy!