Shining Force 68k

Got a brilliant program idea? Let us know!

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Wesley

Shining Force 68k

Post by Wesley »

I never thought it could be possible, but when Mario was created for the 68k calculators, I saw the amazing potential of the 68k's. If Mario could be created, so can a game like Shining Force. Of course I don't speak of the new GBA version, but the old SEGA version.
I also understand that a project like this would probably take a LONG time, but it's just an idea being thrown out. It would be pretty awesome to get something like Shining Force on a calculator. Maybe, just maybe; if I come to understand programming good enough, I will start the project myself. Of course that may just take a while...
ImageImage
ImageImage
kalan_vod
Calc King

Re: Shining Force 68k

Post by kalan_vod »

Could you post some information over it for me? And also creating sprites helps games get produced ;)
Wesley

Post by Wesley »

Alright, if you want some information of the game and practically all about it, except a few exceptions, you can visit this link:
http://rpg-home.lunar-net.com/sf-web/index.html
I have attached a few pictures of some sprites I threw together really quickly, so they are a bit more sloppy than they could be. Also notice that I made all of these 4-level gray-scale.

I think one problem with this game would be the size of the screen on the TI-89T. If things were scaled down, they would look horrible, so scrolling would be more important than on the actual Genesis version.
Attachments
ShiningForceCombatgs.gif
ShiningForceCombatgs.gif (3.92 KiB) Viewed 9165 times
sfmisc.gif
sfmisc.gif (960 Bytes) Viewed 9165 times
sf.gif
ImageImage
ImageImage
Wesley

Post by Wesley »

Alright, well it's pretty difficult to find sprites and tilesets, but I found a pretty complete one from Shining Force 2. Here it is. Keep in mind that these are quite large for the tiles, however. These are 32*32; the originals should be 24*24 (I think).
Attachments
tiles2.PNG
tiles1.PNG
ImageImage
ImageImage