Multi tasker app using interupts and parserhook

Got a brilliant program idea? Let us know!

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

tr1p1ea wrote:Such things can be achieved without the need for interrupts or hooks, just depends on engine design.
not everything though and things can get really complicated and inefficient that way..
chickendude wrote:@compwiz: I'll definitely give it a whirl! And with the way I have saved games set up, I could easily use that to store valuable data about the user (and change it from saved games to user profiles and such). Or maybe I could use this app to act as a sort of spyware device to watch over EVERYTHING the user does!
thats the idea 8)
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

chickendude wrote:@compwiz: I'll definitely give it a whirl! And with the way I have saved games set up, I could easily use that to store valuable data about the user (and change it from saved games to user profiles and such). Or maybe I could use this app to act as a sort of spyware device to watch over EVERYTHING the user does!
*cheer* Now all we need to do is persuade TI to make a HAL edition 83/4 with a vocoder and a round red camera instead of a screen. :twisted:

I'm glad someone is finally using the neural network on calc. I've been pushing it for a while now.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
chickendude
Extreme Poster

Post by chickendude »

Haha, it hasn't been implemented or even started yet, but I'd still like to try it :)
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

well, monopoly is the perfect game for it, as far as I can see. Many other games would be too complicated to use it easily.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
thegamefreak0134
Extreme Poster

Post by thegamefreak0134 »

I have a thought that might be on the same idea, might not. Doesn't Omnicalc have a setting that enables you to have two calcs running at the same time, virtually? I've noticed that switching from one to the other simply freezes the first one. Although it would make them both slower, why not use the same idea and have both calcs get a variable ammount of execution time? It would let you do, say, long conversions in the background whilst designing something entirely different in the foreground.

Of course,this might not be what you had in mind...

I guess the ideal way to pull the thing off (although I have no real clue how to do this, this is just a thought) would be to have one program execute a line of commands (from one : to the next :) and then have the second program execute a line, and so on back and forth. This would prevent any issues arising from both programs trying to access the same variables at the same time. Of course, it would be up to the writer of the individual programs to make sure the variables didn't interfere, unless that was their intention. (Or the graph or the screen for that matter.)

-gamefreak
I'm not mad, just a little crazy.

DarkNova - a little side project I run.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

that's sort of the idea.. i had thoughts about storing the state of every variable during the switch (takes some time though) the most importand one being Ans, probebly X and theta aswell (commonly used in for loops) otherwise the program would execute totaly the wrong way (with loops not being the right length etc)