coolest game EVER!!!

Got a brilliant program idea? Let us know!

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

Image Image Image
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

haven't you seen my sprites yet?

Actually, I think i've got everything.

As for smooth scrolling, when I start working on my 68k port, i'll see if that's even possible. I'm still at the planning stage for my physics engine. That's my whole problem and why I haven't been able to start. I can't configure a physics model that will agree with my tiling method!

well, Happy Birthday again and I wish you best of luck. if you need any help, on theory (and i mean theory), just let me know, and let anybody else know. we're glad to answer any questions :D
Last edited by Liazon on Wed 07 Jun, 2006 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image
L4E_WakaMol-King
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by L4E_WakaMol-King »

Woah, I hadn't been following this thread, but I recognized those sprites immediately. I love ngame. If you make this, I will... umm... appreciate you a lot... sorry that about all I can do. Seriously, though, love that game.
Image - Now Under Development - [Progress]
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Those sprites certainly are awesome :).

This would actually be a very nice project to aid the learning of z80 Asm. Lets hope you can achieve some positive results CompWiz :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

Liazon wrote: haven't you seen my sprites yet?

Actually, I think i've got everything.

As for smooth scrolling, when I start working on my 68k port, i'll see if that's even possible. I'm still at the planning stage for my physics engine. That's my whole problem and why I haven't been able to start. I can't configure a physics model that will agree with my tiling method!

well, Happy Birthday again and I wish you best of luck. if you need any help, on theory (and i mean theory), just let me know, and let anybody else know. we're glad to answer any questions :D
yeah, I've seen your sprites. I guess they just slipped my mind when I made that post. Great sprites, btw.

As for the smooth scrolling, I do think it is possible. There was a new mario demo released a while back here that had smooth all way scrolling, and I think that the sonic project being worked on at UTI has smooth scrolling also.

Thanks. :)

tr1p1ea wrote:Those sprites certainly are awesome :).

This would actually be a very nice project to aid the learning of z80 Asm. Lets hope you can achieve some positive results CompWiz :).
thanks for the support. Your first major project turned out very well. I just loaded a copy of desolate onto someone's calc earlier today. I've been distributing it for years now. I hope my game turns out to be as good quality as yours. :)
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

when i meant, smooth, I meant not to blurry. When you play a smooth scroll game, the pixels tend to blur and things tend to get jumbled together, especially small 8x8 sprite on the 68ks.
Liazon wrote:I'm still at the planning stage for my physics engine. That's my whole problem and why I haven't been able to start. I can't configure a physics model that will agree with my tiling method!
I'm going to lose a lot of sleep over this :x :x :x :x :x
Image Image Image
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

Liazon wrote:when i meant, smooth, I meant not to blurry. When you play a smooth scroll game, the pixels tend to blur and things tend to get jumbled together, especially small 8x8 sprite on the 68ks.
Oh, I see. That really could be a big problem then. I wonder how it will be on the 83/84 calcs. I guess I'll see in a couple months.
Liazon wrote:
Liazon wrote:I'm still at the planning stage for my physics engine. That's my whole problem and why I haven't been able to start. I can't configure a physics model that will agree with my tiling method!
I'm going to lose a lot of sleep over this :x :x :x :x :x
I probably will end up losing some sleep over this game as well. It happens for all my other big projects. :x
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

fortunately, you're graduating from hs right? you'll no longer be encumbered by the tedium of hs classes.
Image Image Image
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

Liazon wrote:fortunately, you're graduating from hs right? you'll no longer be encumbered by the tedium of hs classes.
right. Finally. 8) I bet there's a lot less (if any)busywork in College. I always hated doing that. When I was in Advanced Chemistry, the teacher would always assign heaps of questions on the smallest, simplest things. Once I came up to her and was like "we have had to do over 100 problems that all concern the use of this simple formula. I could have figured out if I knew how to use it in 5 problems easy. Now you're assigning more?" argh. eventually I just started blowing off the homework completely, not even working on it in school, and I still did great on tests. In fact, in my math class in 10th grade, I missed a lot of the homework, and still maintained the highest test and quiz grades in the entire class, even beating this other real math wiz who was in the class, and all this without even studying. The thing I think I hated the most about my time in high school is all the busywork.

Sorry about the rant. :lol: I'm just a bit frustrated, and I haven't been sleeping much for the last few nights as I have to finish a bunch of projects for school by friday. It'll be so nice to graduate. :D
katmaster
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by katmaster »

Wow, those sprites rock!!!! So is anyone making this in z80?
cheese=yum
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

katmaster wrote:Wow, those sprites rock!!!! So is anyone making this in z80?
well I will be this summer, after I get the hang of z80 asm. Do you still want to work on this? We were planning to do this as a group project a few months ago(page 2-3 of this topic). If you're still up for it, then as soon as I graduate(yay, no more high school :mrgreen: ), I'd be happy to work with you on it. :)
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Can I use those sprites for something unrelated?
NanoWar
Extreme Poster

Post by NanoWar »

Space Station Pheta 2?

I love those sprites, Liazon.
Revolution Software
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

NanoWar wrote:Space Station Pheta 2?

I love those sprites, Liazon.
Space Station Pheta 1 was so good, an upgrade and using these sprites would be great, no doubt. :D

and yes, those sprites are perfect. :)
Last edited by CompWiz on Fri 09 Jun, 2006 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

threefingeredguy wrote:Can I use those sprites for something unrelated?
of course, just give credit where its due.
Image Image Image