Hamtaro dancing program!

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

TI84SE

Hamtaro dancing program!

Post by TI84SE »

I just joined up here (read my topic in General Discussion for some basic info about me), and I'm a noob BASIC programmer. So far all my programs have been text-based programs, or simple animations using the graphing screen. I am making a complete dancing hamster program using ASCII graphics on the homescreen, completely written in BASIC. I know it;s not much, but it will be testing my skills as a programmer to what I have learned up so far (about 1 month of minor programming). It will contain all the BASIC commands I have learned so far. It will take me a while, I have finished "designing" the hamster and have included 3 stances. However, I am still debating whether or not I should use pause in my program so you manually press enter to see the next stance or should I just display it over and over again. It's confusing for me, if anyone has any tips just let me know :)

~TI84SE
Spooner

Post by Spooner »

If if you I think it would be easiest if you used for( (so you can have a small pause between each)and then set up a getkey so the could pause it if you dont know what getkey is just ask me.
TI84SE

Post by TI84SE »

Alright, thanks. I sorta know the concept of getkey...I don't plan on using it though. Mainly Output, If/Then, Disp, Repeat, Pause.

Here is the Hamster.

(0) (0)
(o o)
( Y )
(W( ) W)
( ) ( )
W W

It looks more like a hamster on the calculator.

Any suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated!

~TI84SE
My Calc:
TI-84+ Silver Edition
24.4k RAM
900k+ ARCHIVE
MirageOS
Dwedit
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Dwedit »

Looks like the ASCII-Art got mangled...

This forum throws out leading spaces, and treats multiple spaces as one space. Try editing it in Notepad or something else with a monospaced font, then put paste it in with surrounded code tags. (use the Code button at the top...)
You know your hexadecimal output routine is broken when it displays the character 'G'.
TI84SE

Post by TI84SE »

Code: Select all

(0) (0) 
(o   o) 
(  Y  ) 
(W( )W) 
( ) ( ) 
 W   W 
My Calc:
TI-84+ Silver Edition
24.4k RAM
900k+ ARCHIVE
MirageOS
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

ohhh! I see it now. It does sort of look like a hamster!
bananas... o.o
TI84SE

Post by TI84SE »

Spengo wrote:ohhh! I see it now. It does sort of look like a hamster!
Lol. I've updated it a bit, made the hamster look better, and it now has a total of 11 stances. Right now, it's about 3k RAM to run, but I'm estimating it to be around 5k when finished. I'm going for anywhere around 20 total stances...it looks pretty cool right now. I showed it to some friends and they laughed and said I had no life :lol: .

Also, when dancing, I've added lyrics for Freek-A-Leek on the top/bottom of the screen :D It looks pretty cool.

~TI84SE
My Calc:
TI-84+ Silver Edition
24.4k RAM
900k+ ARCHIVE
MirageOS
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

"Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, boo, dadada! nananana ooo-oh-ooo! Let's make a wish, ooh-ooh, make it come true...."

No... in... my... head..... AGAIN.
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

hey, this sound pretty cool! Maybe you can make multiple song. If you do that, please use the japanese intro to hamtaro :D.

tottoko hashiru yo hamutaro
sumikko hashiru yo hamutaro
daisuki na no wa himawari no tane
yappari hashiru yo hamutaro

:D :D :D
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

NoooooooOooo! :x Leo, why!?
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

what about MA-YA-HI (Dragonstea din tei)?

everyone here seems to make love with this song...
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

Patori wrote:NoooooooOooo! :x Leo, why!?
No hamster game is complete without the japanese intro to hamutaro. Just my 2 cents...

@Kevin: Dragostea Din Tei... No! That's song is waaaay worse than hamutaro.
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

leofox wrote:
No hamster game is complete without the japanese intro to hamutaro. Just my 2 cents...

But now its in my head!

May-a-a-hi! May-a-a-ha!
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Patori wrote:
leofox wrote:

But now its in my head!

May-a-a-hi! May-a-a-ha!
Maybe translate the song in Japaneese and change the lyrics

Ha-ma-ta-ri! Ha-ma-ta-ro!

(and yes I missed the 1400 post :( )
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
TI84SE

Post by TI84SE »

My program is currently very nooby, I haven't updated it from my last post. If I really want this to work, I would need to set up a menu where you can pick the song you want the hamster to dance to. The way I programmed it...I created dance moves (stances) and I repeated them to get the image. It seems like animation, and is pretty smooth in my opinion, due to repeatedly displaying the image then changing the image little by little (basically like a cartoon). Here is a sample code:

ClrHome
Output
Output
Output
Output
Output
Output

You should get the idea. Using output for each single line of the ASCII hamster. I sort of know how to make menus, but I don't know lbls yet...they confuse me. So anyways, for now it's just about 10 seconds of animation (estimate) along with Freek-A-Leek lyrics. It was originally Hey Ya but I re-did the whole thing (because the dance did not match with hey ya). Oh, if your wondering about lyrics all I did was output repeatedly on the top/bottom of the screen.

Some songs I have thought about:
Freek-A-Leek (Done)
Hey Ya!
Hamtaro Theme Song (English)
Yea!
Confessions pt. II (Maybe)

Like few of my friends know the Dragostei Din Tei (only like 10 or so) so there wouldn't be a point in doing that.

Oh, and I also started a new mini-hamster dance.

Here's the hamster:

Code: Select all

(0)(0)
(o o)
{ o }
(w w)
 w w
Except the insides of the ears are the 'theta' symbol, the nose is a 'degree' sign, and it is proportioned better...looks much better on the calculator.

By the way, I'm gonna re-organize the whole program again so the stances are in order so it is easier to program, and also so the dance fits with the song more.

~TI84SE
My Calc:
TI-84+ Silver Edition
24.4k RAM
900k+ ARCHIVE
MirageOS