Sky! [download now]

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

NanoWar
Extreme Poster

Post by NanoWar »

But I dont know if Ive now that much time to program, cause school starts and you know...
Revolution Software
Spooner

Post by Spooner »

Dude this game is the bomb. I gave it to all my freinds at school and we have races to see who can beat it first. I personally like sky 1. I think it would be cool to have some type of linking game where you have to work together.
lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

not for me.. every time i try to download it, it says "incompatibable type" on ti connect when i try to transfer it to my 84 silver. i downloaded winace and it did the same thing.. i even tried the mac version... is there a problem with my ti connect?
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

lecks wrote:not for me.. every time i try to download it, it says "incompatibable type" on ti connect when i try to transfer it to my 84 silver. i downloaded winace and it did the same thing.. i even tried the mac version... is there a problem with my ti connect?
reinstall connect, then post if you still are having problems.
ISUCK
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by ISUCK »

Yea, I had teh same problem, so I switched to TILPII and voila... it works... of course installing teh gtk+ modules by hand was hell :P
lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

ISUCK wrote:Yea, I had teh same problem, so I switched to TILPII and voila... it works... of course installing teh gtk+ modules by hand was hell :P
TILPII? whats that? well i dont wanna go through all that just to play a game...
KevinJB
Calc Wizard

Post by KevinJB »

Honestly, Google is your friend.

TILP is merely an linux version of TI-Connect* not written by TI. It can also be run with windows, and it's not 'all that' just to install it.

*Ok; so basically it's the equivilent; not really a good way of describing it I suppose.[/url]
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
KevinJB | RevSoft
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

Tilp doesn't realy have any similarities to TI-Connect, other than its intended purpose. Besides, TI-Connect is bad, TILP is worst. 9/10 people can't even to get it is to work on windows. And it is pain to install. By the time, you've installed TILP,gtk, the USB driver and then find out you can't send a program to your calculator people start throwing their compy down the stairs. :x
KevinJB
Calc Wizard

Post by KevinJB »

'S true. I've never used TILP before, never had too. What do you reccomend?
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
KevinJB | RevSoft
NanoWar
Extreme Poster

Post by NanoWar »

I think that the simple problem is that its called 'Sky!' and not 'Sky' (oh exclamation mark).
Revolution Software
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

I wish TI would stop releasing TI-Connect. (Or at least fix it!) Seriously, it's just plain broken. And never trust an application that looks like Real Player. :)
If you must use official TI-Software, TI GraphLink works perfectly under XP (even if it is an old 16-bit application), but TILP/FastLink are far superior in terms of "they just work, OK?"
Last time I tried TI's software they'd added an exciting new auto-detect routine that aggressively polls all the serial ports to find where a link cable was in, which would kick my phone off Bluetooth and disconnect my modem. Fantastic.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

There could be a problem with the generated file, open up the 8xp (83p IS WRONG) and make sure it says the right file type. Thats what messed up some of the mario stuff.
lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

it was 8xp. im sure cause i tried it like 100 times.

:'( and it looks like such a fun game

*EDIT

i tried to download it again right now and i tried to rename it and it said:

Cannot transfer. The connected TI device does not support this data type. (8C02000E)
NanoWar
Extreme Poster

Post by NanoWar »

I uploaded the final version to TiCalc. This version should work.
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fi ... 37816.html
Thank you for playing!
-NanoWar
Revolution Software
NanoWar
Extreme Poster

Re: Sky! [download now]

Post by NanoWar »

Huh, new version with save games. Old levels. Who cares: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fi ... 37816.html :drifter:
Revolution Software