WabbitCode for the Mac

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Will

WabbitCode for the Mac

Post by Will »

WabbitCode is an IDE geared toward z80 programmers, similar to Latenite. The UI is very similar to Xcode, which I what I use to develop the application. I got the idea from Latenite and burntfuse's z80 ide project over at revsoft. As far as I can tell, there weren't any viable options for z80 mac programmers, so I set out to make one myself. It's been in development for a while now, but I figured I should make a topic here as well as revsoft to see if there are any interested Mac users who want to try it out.

It uses spasm as the assembler and wabbitemu as the emulator/debugging environment. Rather than try to explain everything it can and cannot do, I'll just attach a few pictures highlighting key features; anyone interested can follow the link at the end of the post to download and try it out. Also, to make use of the debugging features you need to also download the newest version of WabbitEmu for the Mac. It can be found in this thread http://www.revsoft.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=745.

I've used Spencer's zelda game as the test project in developing this IDE, so it should excel at managing considering smaller projects. I welcome any feedback from users who try out the application.

Here's the link to download the IDE: http://wabbitcode.googlecode.com/files/ ... b2.app.zip
Attachments
editing a build target
editing a build target
project wide find
project wide find
new project templates
new project templates
Will

Re: WabbitCode for the Mac

Post by Will »

A few more screenshots.
Attachments
expanded few of project files; basic file management can be done from within the ide (move, copy, rename, etc)
expanded few of project files; basic file management can be done from within the ide (move, copy, rename, etc)
main project window with project groups on the left, detail view on top and tabbed editor in the middle
main project window with project groups on the left, detail view on top and tabbed editor in the middle
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

Very nice, too bad it's Mac :)
Will

Post by Will »

Mac users need love too :)