pkmn grey

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

shmibs

Re: pkmn grey

Post by shmibs »

/\/\so true :cry: /\/\
i REALLY wanna finish this, though

i completely re-wrote the walking engine so it's much smaller and runs considerably faster. it now also uses the permanent sprite. check it out!!
shmibs

Post by shmibs »

alright, i completely revamped the graphics, added in animated walking, the ability to turn in place, ledges, and a few other things. if i cant speed it up somehow, though, this looks like it'll be SE only...
Eeems

Post by Eeems »

shmibs wrote:Does celtic III have some method for hard-coding sprites? I have a copy of the app but havent been able to get a hold of the manual because the official downloads always end up corrupted(both III and earlier versions) and the official uti page always 404's me
actually yes, the Celtic III app does have ways to hard code sprites using hex. Also you can decrease your map sizes by using certain feautures in it.
If you want I can send you the most recent version of it with the manual so you can play around with it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
shmibs

Post by shmibs »

/\/\godsend/\/\
that would be amazing

oh, and i just realized i never posted any pics of the new graphics

start room: Image

outside in pallet town: Image

pine's lab: Image

and Rt 1(yay ledges!): Image
Last edited by shmibs on Fri 25 Dec, 2009 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
tifreak8x
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by tifreak8x »

Nice looking maps you have going there.

You might also want to change the img tags to url tags for people to more easily go look at them. =]
http://tifreakware.net - Connecting TI communities
Galandros

Post by Galandros »

Impressive pixel art skills! If you post more screenshots I will turn seriously envy.

I am loving this project. I am giving incentive to you to finish. :)
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Wow those screenshots are fantastic (although wabbitemu has a built in screenshot taker if you press backspace).

Is that jumping i see! :D.

Are these concept images or do you have the game in motion? (backspace).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
shmibs

Post by shmibs »

yes, it is currently functioning, but im a bit anger because it's somewhat slower than i would have hoped (atm too slow to run properly on a non SE), and i only have an 83plus emulator on this comp. it's pretty much the same as the animated version in the first post apart from the addition of walking animation, ledges, and upgraded graphics, but i screwed up the faster version i had made and couldnt find the back-up copy so ima have to do some more optimizing. im also hoping for someone to post the manual for celtic 3 so i can try it out and see if that makes anything easier and until then im going to postpone any more major development
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Wow that looks great awesome graphics my friend. I hope somebody can help you out with celtic so you can compare. Unfortunately I have no idea on that at all.
The Revolution is here...
Eeems

Post by Eeems »

shmibs wrote:/\/\godsend/\/\
that would be amazing
ok, well I'll need an email to send it too, so pm me about that (it might be better if you joined Omnimaga or UTI or something, I check them more :P)
sorry I took so long, forgot the url for a while...
If You'd rather just download it yourself, just go here http://www.unitedti.org/forum/index.php ... t&p=135672
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
shmibs

Post by shmibs »

so i didnt see that one before(probably because im both incredibly impatient and easily distracted), but it worked, so thanks anyways :lol:
now on to business...
the hardest part of this is definitely going to be making a decently fast system for retrieving data(stats, move specs, maps, and all that) but it looks like that, with celtic, that might be possible. Thnx again!
shmibs

Post by shmibs »

to whom it may concern:
a port of this project to axe was begun a while back and then disbanded when i realised how many fricken pokemon clones there already are in the works. after the recent omnimaga axe contest my efforts are now moving on to a new, more exciting rpg, however.
so yeah, this is officially dead
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

It's a shame to hear about that, but also good to hear that there's a new project underway. Good luck with it! :-)
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

I agree that sucks about dropping the project. But it is probably for the best there are a crapload of pokemon games in the works like you said. I'd rather see a fresher idea brought forth. Cant wait to see what it is.
The Revolution is here...